First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The LEDs are only like a 1/4" diameter and the brackets are small, just large enough to hold them. You can kind of see them in the pic below. I want to see where the airbox is drawing air from. That scoop isn't nearly big enough to supply enough air especially with the twists and turns under the hood to get from scoop to air box.

Jeep lights outdoor head on good2.jpg
Nice job!!! I do think that its a great look, after all the t`Rex has its clearance lights in the scoop, my Raptor has them in the grill

I think that your on to something here

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I wasn't aware of MetalCloak coming out with a skid system, I will have to check that out.
Most owners don't even realize that the storage bin under the rear carpet is less than half of a regular Rubicon, this is because the muffler takes up that much space and it does get quite warm.
I might just go with the MetalCloak on my 392 Recon when it comes in.
The header wrap is available on Amazon and it's a little time consuming without another set of hands
Notice that the last picture from Jeep has the whole system blacked out, maybe it was for prying eyes during testing? There are a lot of other factory pictures where the muffler and tips are blacked out
The Rubicon with the 4 or 6 cyl has a smaller muffler mounted on a different angle

2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790594_m.jpg
2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790597_m.jpg
2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790594_m.jpg

2021_jeep_wrangler_rubicon_392_2_1920x1080.jpg

042.JPG
392 skid plate protection system - Now between MetalCloak(MC) and RockHard4x4(RH)... still waiting to see what all the MC system covers... saw pics of the RH system and I like that it also protects the resonators...

Potential pros and cons to both...

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’m really curious to see how this turns out. I’ve hated the red on my winch ever since I got it. It would be awesome if the fix was this simple.
Agreed. I’ll be sure to post photos when I get it from Pixel Decals. It was only $12 so if I don’t like it I’ll go to option B whatever that may be.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The LEDs are only like a 1/4" diameter and the brackets are small, just large enough to hold them. You can kind of see them in the pic below. I want to see where the airbox is drawing air from. That scoop isn't nearly big enough to supply enough air especially with the twists and turns under the hood to get from scoop to air box.

Jeep lights outdoor head on good2.jpg
Yeah I’m taking a look at these. Much better than the grill. Are they Amber as well?

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I purchased 3 ~3/4 Amber led`s yet to mount. The one that is lit by using a 9v battery THAT is at 7.8 volts
I`m undecided as to where to put them

There is a Jeep in my area that I owned many years and it it still has the bottom mirror mount LED`s I put in years ago. I have too many LEDs to find spots for

Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 1630270112566

007.jpg

Last edited:

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Here is what I'm looking at going with, I like that they can do all colors and don't have the typical separate dots LED style

Scoop Light Flexible strips - just updated the link to work at the actual strip I'm going with

Last edited:

Punkindug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392
If the hood vent lights were a solid strip and they chased in sequence back and forth like KITT form night rider maybe. Looks like a raptor wannabe IMHO. Blinkie blinkie.... omg.

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0L T/ 2021 Rubicon 392
Yeah I’m taking a look at these. Much better than the grill. Are they Amber as well?
The available colors would be white like mine, red, blue, and amber. There is a small controller that has the dimmer function (these can be extremely bright on full power), the mode function, and speed of the blinking/flashing modes. I just wanted the accent lighting but it's kinda cool to have the modes for car shows or off roading or whatever.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The available colors would be white like mine, red, blue, and amber. There is a small controller that has the dimmer function (these can be extremely bright on full power), the mode function, and speed of the blinking/flashing modes. I just wanted the accent lighting but it's kinda cool to have the modes for car shows or off roading or whatever.
Nice would be interesting to see them in amber. Who’s making them?

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed