New 2L arrived

easxan

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 klm rubicon 2.0
I currently own a 2016 unlimited hard rock and just picked up a 2018 JL unlimited in sting gray with the 2 L engine. ( yes I currently own two jeeps for some reason ) Bought it from Peterson jeep in Boise Idaho. I drove at the 1100 miles home through Yellowstone. For the first 500 miles of the trip I got 24 miles to gallon. That’s through the mountains. I ended up with about 21.9 average for the entire thousand mile trip. Driving 79mpg on cruise almost the entire way with the exception of the mountains.

The jeep is a completely different animal than my previous one. If feels like an actual normal vehicle. Both are Rubicon’s. My previous one had a 2 1/2 inch lift and 35 inch BFG tires. This one obviously a stock right now. the new 2 L engine is amazing. I realize I have a different transmission as well but the thing would pass on 2 Lane Highway‘s no problem, it’s quick off the line, And just fantastic fuel economy. I could not be happier with the engine to be honest. Whoever says the V-6 is similar is just uninformed. I did drive a JL 6cylinder Locally so I did spend some time in one but only about 15 miles.

So my jeep is now 36 hours old and already has 1100 miles on it. I was the first 2 L delivered at that dealership. I ordered it about 2 1/2 months ago.
Sponsored