Sponsored

Camohatdude

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
As for the Jeep colors... I want them to bring back Mojito, Tuscadero, and Punk'n
They can keep the 4Xe, or at least partner with Toyota to build a quality Hybrid/EV system to power the Wrangler like Ford did for the Fusion Hybrid cars (maybe others too?). Until then, I'll stick with gas powered Wranglers.

I would have to say that a Jeep Wrangler is hands down the most fun vehicle I've ever owned, and I've owned a LOT of vehicles... Practically it doesn't work for me right now, but I'll hopefully buy another one in the next year or so.

It sure appears that the tuscadero is coming back as its in the video with the new grill

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I love that song and I like the concept but it felt like I was listening to a track and watching a silent clip of Jeeps that were independent of one another. Aside from the one scene where they sing “shake it” and the dog shakes the music and the clips seemed to have nothing to do with one another, and the pace of the song and the pace of the clips were mismatched.

A concept, D+ execution.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
They're not doing 3.6 autos anymore? By far the most satisfying drivetrain combo if we aren't counting the 392.
Sorry, gots to disagree. IF I thought as you do, I own it. I got something better to do with my $ than buy an engine that will not out perform any other Jeep all things being equal.

In fact were it my choice I would still be running the straight 6, still the best engine for rocks there ever was. My bias is Rock and Over landing and no mud, no sand.

I have a lot of experience with Hemi's, NOT 392, but the 426 monsters. I ran runs in Moab on the 7+ trails for years and more often than not I had a 426 Belchfire Monster in the run at 425-550 Hp. NEVER in the years I led runs did a Hemi ever finish a trail. All my runs were a week long and the monsters could not hack it: BROKE: Transmissions, Axles, Drive shafts, over heating and sometimes just a broken engine Unknown. These are guys who dropped min of $25k and well beyond to shoehorn that big MaMoo into the engine bay. Not only that but they not good wheelers, that engine weights a LOT an d they were quiet nose heavy.

Believe it or not some them never made it on day 1, none lasted the week and those that did get further down the trails just could do the 7++ stuff due to heavy front end to much torque..

Mike_Hawk

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GOBI JLUR 3.6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Clubs

Is that the blend of Reign / Tuscadero shown at Easter?

Seems like a fun ad, boy howdy, pushing the 4xe though.
Lots are chock FULL of 4xEs currently

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Umm... have you ever actually driven a 4xe? Leaves my 3.6 in the dust. I'm actually a teeny bit bummed that we finally got the JKU back from the shop and won't be taking the 4xe out west on our next trip. However, the JKU is built and the 4xe isn't (yet).
There isn't any Jeep engine that will leave others in the dust, they are all within seconds of each other in the quarter mile.
Including the 392..which you'll beat in a long race cause they have to fill up every 200 miles...?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Sorry, gots to disagree. IF I thought as you do, I own it. I got something better to do with my $ than buy an engine that will not out perform any other Jeep all things being equal.

In fact were it my choice I would still be running the straight 6, still the best engine for rocks there ever was. My bias is Rock and Over landing and no mud, no sand.

I have a lot of experience with Hemi's, NOT 392, but the 426 monsters. I ran runs in Moab on the 7+ trails for years and more often than not I had a 426 Belchfire Monster in the run at 425-550 Hp. NEVER in the years I led runs did a Hemi ever finish a trail. All my runs were a week long and the monsters could not hack it: BROKE: Transmissions, Axles, Drive shafts, over heating and sometimes just a broken engine Unknown. These are guys who dropped min of $25k and well beyond to shoehorn that big MaMoo into the engine bay. Not only that but they not good wheelers, that engine weights a LOT an d they were quiet nose heavy.

Believe it or not some them never made it on day 1, none lasted the week and those that did get further down the trails just could do the 7++ stuff due to heavy front end to much torque..
I meant just between what's available for the JL - if we're including the 4.0 I'd pick that too. A bulletproof tractor motor is exactly what I want in a Jeep.

Buddy's got a 392 and it's a blast to drive, but it does seem like a bit too much motor for D44s and I don't love the mandatory full time AWD t-case. One more clutch pack to break. For my own rig, I like the 3.6/8AT. Makes a satisfying noise and is predictable across the power band. Could use a little more torque down low but 4.88s through a 4:1 pulls like a semi regardless.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

im going to try jumping my wrangler like they did in this commercial at 46 seconds.

they could have made it more realistic if they showed a homeless guy sleeping (or crapping) in someone's jeep parked out on the street.

I don’t believe anyone is a hater as per mentioned but I challenge anyone here to film in REAL LIFE any of those scenes as portrayed with any of the clothing styles and or ethnicities or lifestyles once again portrayed by aforementioned commercial. Not happening…

Once again, not being a hater just a realist.

Reminds me of this lol…

whoa! check out Doc Holligay!

Bandit59

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Jeep® Brand Launches 'Famous for Freedom' Global Marketing Campaign for the New 2024 Jeep Wrangler
  • “Famous for Freedom” global campaign for the new 2024 Jeep® Wrangler features legendary “California Love” 1995 track
  • Campaign debuts as 50th anniversary of hip-hop music is celebrated and acknowledged for the role it has played in transforming marketing and culture
  • “California Love” track is one in lengthy line of Stellantis brands featuring highly sought-after, but elusive tracks for advertising industry
  • This is the first time the song will be used in an automotive commercial
  • Sixty-second “Famous for Freedom” video launches on Jeep brand’s YouTube channel, with shorter form content, including 30-second and 15-second videos, running across the brand’s social media channels
  • Thirty-second spots will run across television
  • From the 49-MPGe electrified 4xe plug-in hybrid to the V-8-powered 470-horsepower Rubicon 392, the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler offers the most diverse powertrain options in the off-road segment, giving Wrangler customers the ability to choose the propulsion system that best suits their lifestyle
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe, offering zero-emission freedom, is the best-selling plug-in hybrid in the United States
  • Ordering is open now and the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler has started to arrive in U.S. dealerships
  • New 2024 Jeep Wrangler will be available in markets around the world
August 28, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is marking the launch of the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler 4xe with the debut of its “Famous for Freedom” global marketing campaign. The global campaign launches with a 60-second version of “Famous For Freedom” on the Jeep brand’s YouTube channel, with shorter form content, including 30-second and 15-second videos, running across the brand’s social media channels and online video placements. A 30-second version will run on broadcast television.

“Music has long played a pivotal role in our rich history of advertising, and as the industry marks the 50th year of hip-hop, the Jeep brand has been granted the enormous honor of incorporating the elusive ‘California Love’ anthem track into our ‘Famous for Freedom’ campaign for our new 2024 Jeep Wrangler,” said Olivier Francois, global chief marketing officer, Stellantis. “As the ‘90s sees a renaissance throughout fashion, film and music, we want to tap into the nostalgia from that decade while recognizing the unique hold that the Wrangler has across the entire automotive and cultural landscapes. ‘California Love’ captures the spirit of the Jeep Wrangler and our owners around the world in a way no other can.”

The global marketing campaign, which will also air in Europe, China, Japan, Korea, Australia and other markets around the world, signals the launch of the 2024 Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler 4xe, featuring the famous track “California Love." This is the first time the song will be used in an automotive commercial.

“‘Famous For Freedom’ goes beyond a tagline. It’s a state of mind for our Jeep Wrangler owners, and this global campaign celebrates this community of dreamers and doers who seek to live freedom-fueled lives,” said Lucy McLellan, senior vice president, global head of marketing & communications, Jeep brand. “As we introduce the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler to markets around the world, we celebrate the Wrangler’s legendary off-road capability and also the unique lifestyle it enables. And there’s no better way to do that than to feature a number of our loyal Jeep Wrangler customers in the campaign to ensure the essence of the Jeep community is authentically captured.”

See the 60-second “Famous for Freedom” spot here:

The video was filmed in California to capture the culture, landscapes and lifestyle that make the Jeep Wrangler and "California Love" track so iconic. Scenes from the Pismo Beach Sand Dunes to the Los Angeles skyline and additional California texture bring the lyrics of the track to life. Adding to the film’s authenticity, it also features several real Jeep brand owners making appearances throughout.

“Famous for Freedom” was directed by Grammy-winning director Dave Meyers at RadicalMedia. Over the past 20 years, Meyers has directed music videos for artists like Drake, SZA and Kendrick Lamar, as well as commercials that have shaped culture. He has firmly established himself as one of the industry’s most prolific and sought-after directors, which is why he was a perfect match for the Jeep Wrangler "Famous for Freedom" campaign.

“Since its introduction, the Jeep Wrangler has set new levels of 4x4 capability with each new generation, dating all the way back to 1941,” said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. “The new 2024 Wrangler builds upon that 80-plus-year legacy, offering our first full-float Dana rear axle, and makes it possible for Wrangler owners to easily upsize tires, in addition to a more advanced and comfortable interior with a standard 12.3-inch touchscreen, available power seats tested for water fording, and more technology and safety features, including standard side-curtain airbags. Wrangler offers customers more choice with best-in-class gas engines to the only electrified off-road SUV, the Wrangler 4xe, which continues to be the best-selling plug-in hybrid in the United States.”

The Jeep brand is raising the bar once again by combining the most capable Wrangler yet, with more capability, technology safety features and refinement. This no-compromise combination is enhanced by the ability to choose from four different powertrains. From the 49-MPGe electrified 4xe plug-in hybrid, which is the best-selling PHEV in America, to the V-8-powered 470-horsepower Rubicon 392, the 2024 Jeep Wrangler offers the most diverse powertrain options in the off-road segment, giving Wrangler customers the ability to choose the propulsion system that best suits their lifestyle.

The 2024 Jeep Wrangler is available in Sport, Willys, Sahara, High Altitude, 4xe, Rubicon and Rubicon 392 models. Ordering is open now and vehicles have started to arrive in U.S. dealerships. The 2024 Jeep Wrangler will launch in markets around the world.

“Famous for Freedom” was created by the Jeep brand in partnership with Chicago-based Highdive agency.

BU023_188EV.jpg

BU023_189EV.jpg

BU023_190EV.jpg

BU023_191EV.jpg

BU023_192EV.jpg

BU023_193EV.jpg
Very good ad nice music track

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Im glad to see no Jeeper was triggered by the word California... We are living in sensitive times and thin skin the the new normal... :)

Koryluke

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Jeep gladiator
West Los Angeles Jeep owner here. The Jeep culture is different out here, for sure. But I love the Jeep brand, and seeing it thriving in all forms is incredible.

From the tiny girl driving them off the lot Wrangler on 37s to the guy bumping and rocking color-matched trim accessories! Maybe not everyone waves or knows how to use all the options on a Rubicon. They are still better than zombie drivers.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I meant just between what's available for the JL - if we're including the 4.0 I'd pick that too. A bulletproof tractor motor is exactly what I want in a Jeep.

Buddy's got a 392 and it's a blast to drive, but it does seem like a bit too much motor for D44s and I don't love the mandatory full time AWD t-case. One more clutch pack to break. For my own rig, I like the 3.6/8AT. Makes a satisfying noise and is predictable across the power band. Could use a little more torque down low but 4.88s through a 4:1 pulls like a semi regardless.
X 2. Most of my friends are SHOCKED I did buy the 392...Ohhh I would have in a 2dr config but I am not a 4 door guy. Being a Rock guy, the 392 and myself will reach the summit at the same time...

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's regional. None around here.
At my local dealer the 4xes are the only ones selling for MSRP. The oft-belated V6 auto has a fat $7k discount on the hood. lol.

Thing is, most people here mostly do city driving, and there's EV chargers everywhere. Why would you settle for getting 12mpg when you could just plug it in to your garage at night and not need to get gas as much?

There is the hurricane slant 6, which I'm sure will eventually make it into the Wrangler. I was hoping the 2024 would have it!

Im glad to see no Jeeper was triggered by the word California... We are living in sensitive times and thin skin the the new normal... :)
The argument I keep making stands: There's a lot of Jeepers in California. They might be a minority on this forum, but consider that 11.6% of people in the US live in California. There are probably more Jeeps here than in any other state (and probably some number of states combined lol).
Sponsored