New 2023 Beach edition

jeep-tonic

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Ok, I am a fool - I forgot to take photos of the vehicle and the specs/price ... but, I was at the dealer today (Wilmington, NC), and saw the new Beach edition - was practically same as the High Tides were ...

Dealer told me the jeep.com site will be updated in a few days ...
Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
OP
OP
jeep-tonic

jeep-tonic

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
This one that I even test-drove had a body color painted roof. And it was sitting on 35s. Unfortunately just 7" display and the yellow really bothered me :).

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
This one that I even test-drove had a body color painted roof. And it was sitting on 35s. Unfortunately just 7" display and the yellow really bothered me :).
All the High Tides come with body color roof and fenders. I like the High Velocity but would never own one. Iā€™d just order a Willys with the XR package. Basically the same thing minus the standard Sunrider for Hardtop.

OP
OP
jeep-tonic

jeep-tonic

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
All the High Tides come with body color roof and fenders. I like the High Velocity but would never own one. Iā€™d just order a Willys with the XR package. Basically the same thing minus the standard Sunrider for Hardtop.
Agree! & Thank you for educating me :P

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
But- But, you wouldnā€™t get the top priority, all important, absolutely necessary DECALS!! Wazamatta U ? They make it a prized ā€œSpecial Editionā€, šŸ™„:facepalm:

Last edited:

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
There is no 2023 ā€œBeachā€ or ā€œHigh Tideā€ editions. It was only 2022. The first 500 sold were all hood badged ā€œBeachā€ all the others badged on hood ā€œHigh Tideā€. They are the exact same vehicle just obviously different names. But they are both considered High tides. Also they did not come with paint matched fender flares.

HighTide

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Vehicle Showcase
Not fenders

richsteele

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 OB JLR
There is no 2023 ā€œBeachā€ or ā€œHigh Tideā€ editions. It was only 2022. The first 500 sold were all hood badged ā€œBeachā€ all the others badged on hood ā€œHigh Tideā€. They are the exact same vehicle just obviously different names. But they are both considered High tides. Also they did not come with paint matched fender flares.
The 2023 model year order guide for 11/10/2022 has the High Tide (Order package code 25D - 3.6L eTorque & 8spd Auto) as an option under the JLJL74 Sport section. As fast as they change options though, who knows if it will still be available when the new order guide comes out!

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
But- But, you wouldnā€™t get the top priority, all important, absolutely necessary DECALS!! Wazamatta U ? They make it a prized ā€œSpecial Editionā€, šŸ™„:facepalm:
No. You are missing why some of us are buying these rigs. Jeep Marketing is not helping. Like last year there is no mention of these High Tide /Beach off-road options:
1. M210 Wide HD front axle with 4.56 gear (wider track than Rubicon or Willys / Sport, with the HD axle tubes not available on the base Rubicon. This is Xtreme Recon stuff. A Dana 44 front axle with heavy duty Recon tubes is kind of a big option, don't you think?
2. The rear axle is the M220 Wide Rubicon axle but without lockers.
3. Both axles get 4.56 gears, a great match with 35s. Not marketed but quite true is that the 4.56 gears with the eTorque v-6 and 850re transmission (required options on the High Tide in 2022) make the eTorque's additional 90 lbs ft torque below 2,000 rpm really come alive. A great combination off-road and on. Plus 2 mpg in city driving, but the fun factor added to low rpm driving is what makes you smile. It kicks in for only a few seconds (Ram says enough to give you the additional torque up the boat ramp) but is quite noticeable with these axles and gearing.
4. "Performance Brakes" are part of this package and means that rear rotors are larger diameter and thicker and that rear brake pistons are larger. This is a necessary upgrade with the big wheels and tires and the additional weight of the big axles. Does Marketing tell us what the Performance Brakes option means?
5. The 1.5 inch lift is not just spacers but includes heavier duty suspension components and specific shock absorbers. Factory integrated.
6. The Mopar HD rear tire carrier sized for the 35s is nicely done. Even the rear view camera is redone/extended to work with the wheel/tire combination.
7. The wheels are a half inch wider than Rubicon and are bead-lock ready. They are also works of off-road art. Functional but are they forged or cast? Important to know offroad. Does Marketing tell us?
8. The cheap plastic engine cover has been removed to highlight a very clean engine compartment compared to Ford Bronco, Toyota, BMW and so many others that just gave up on their engine compartments and decided to cover them up. Also highlights the absence of an alternator and the motor driven generator for the eTorque system. Pretty cool. Nice sanitary engine presentation (for 2022-23).

Frankly, everything else in the package are nice to have but no big thing. I wish the doggone decals said Recon, not Beach or High Tide. But I can live with them for the real upgrades above. I am definitely not buying (actually, "bought") one for anything to do with Daytona Jeep Week. I do appreciate the Jeep engineers and Product Manager making this a real and meaningful group of options for offroad use. I still think that Jeep Marketing is doing quite a poor job marketing it. Frivolous is what comes to my mind. It does work well in the sand but they never told us why. Why does it work well on the trail? Not the rock crawler of the Rubicon but something a bit different. The transfer case (2.78:1) is selected to maintain higher rpm's in sand (and mud). Depending on the anti-spin in the rear axle and BLD at all four corners in 4x4 Low means what? Better directional stability in low traction conditions than front and rear lockers? Having near slipped off an off-camber shelf road on Webster Pass in Colorado with both front and rear lockers engaged (not a smart thing to do) in snow on my JKR had me thinking about this. Seems like Marketing could have pursued that storyline. Hydraulic bump stops and trusses on the axles would further enhance this Recon / High Tide capability. I'd like to get a little air and not worry about my axles and suspension. Don't tread on Rubicon territory, keep going someplace different. And low content interior I really like. Carpet delete vinyl flooring for 2023 - way to go Jeep.
Anyway, my 2 cents.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
No. You are missing why some of us are buying these rigs. Jeep Marketing is not helping. Like last year there is no mention of these High Tide /Beach off-road options:
1. M210 Wide HD front axle with 4.56 gear (wider track than Rubicon or Willys / Sport, with the HD axle tubes not available on the base Rubicon. This is Xtreme Recon stuff. A Dana 44 front axle with heavy duty Recon tubes is kind of a big option, don't you think?
2. The rear axle is the M220 Wide Rubicon axle but without lockers.
3. Both axles get 4.56 gears, a great match with 35s. Not marketed but quite true is that the 4.56 gears with the eTorque v-6 and 850re transmission (required options on the High Tide in 2022) make the eTorque's additional 90 lbs ft torque below 2,000 rpm really come alive. A great combination off-road and on. Plus 2 mpg in city driving, but the fun factor added to low rpm driving is what makes you smile. It kicks in for only a few seconds (Ram says enough to give you the additional torque up the boat ramp) but is quite noticeable with these axles and gearing.
4. "Performance Brakes" are part of this package and means that rear rotors are larger diameter and thicker and that rear brake pistons are larger. This is a necessary upgrade with the big wheels and tires and the additional weight of the big axles. Does Marketing tell us what the Performance Brakes option means?
5. The 1.5 inch lift is not just spacers but includes heavier duty suspension components and specific shock absorbers. Factory integrated.
6. The Mopar HD rear tire carrier sized for the 35s is nicely done. Even the rear view camera is redone/extended to work with the wheel/tire combination.
7. The wheels are a half inch wider than Rubicon and are bead-lock ready. They are also works of off-road art. Functional but are they forged or cast? Important to know offroad. Does Marketing tell us?
8. The cheap plastic engine cover has been removed to highlight a very clean engine compartment compared to Ford Bronco, Toyota, BMW and so many others that just gave up on their engine compartments and decided to cover them up. Also highlights the absence of an alternator and the motor driven generator for the eTorque system. Pretty cool. Nice sanitary engine presentation (for 2022-23).

Frankly, everything else in the package are nice to have but no big thing. I wish the doggone decals said Recon, not Beach or High Tide. But I can live with them for the real upgrades above. I am definitely not buying (actually, "bought") one for anything to do with Daytona Jeep Week. I do appreciate the Jeep engineers and Product Manager making this a real and meaningful group of options for offroad use. I still think that Jeep Marketing is doing quite a poor job marketing it. Frivolous is what comes to my mind. It does work well in the sand but they never told us why. Why does it work well on the trail? Not the rock crawler of the Rubicon but something a bit different. The transfer case (2.78:1) is selected to maintain higher rpm's in sand (and mud). Depending on the anti-spin in the rear axle and BLD at all four corners in 4x4 Low means what? Better directional stability in low traction conditions than front and rear lockers? Having near slipped off an off-camber shelf road on Webster Pass in Colorado with both front and rear lockers engaged (not a smart thing to do) in snow on my JKR had me thinking about this. Seems like Marketing could have pursued that storyline. Hydraulic bump stops and trusses on the axles would further enhance this Recon / High Tide capability. I'd like to get a little air and not worry about my axles and suspension. Don't tread on Rubicon territory, keep going someplace different. And low content interior I really like. Carpet delete vinyl flooring for 2023 - way to go Jeep.
Anyway, my 2 cents.
I thought your response was to the new thread where I made a similar humor based response to the 20ā€™th anniversary ā€œBeachā€ over the ā€œHigh Tideā€ but yes, It was a way to essentially get the XR package on a Sport. Merry Christmas šŸ˜Š Editā€” 500 each for 23, Mark-ups!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: