Sponsored

New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
LOL, Wrangler owners calling out another vehicle for quality issues and lack of support from corporate :D
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, Wrangler owners calling out another vehicle for quality issues and lack of support from corporate :D
He's not calling them out. He's replying to yet ANOTHER thread on the WRANGLER forum that is gushing over the new Bronco and showing that it ain't all that.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Holy $hit another Bronco thread on the Wrangler forum... go figure. Who cares... I guess I do... enough to bitch about it anyway.
I'm sure plenty of Bronco owners will fret over scratched wheels while us Wrangler owners are trashing them on the rocks and calling it character. Heck, I'm sure the soccer mom Wrangler owners fret too but I view them the same as Bronco owners anyway.
But OP, seriously... WHY. What is the point of this thread? To scare us that our Jeeps have "competition" from an IFS, plastic turd that looks like Helen Keller designed the soft top?
Who cares.
it's click bait and the OP knows it....

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Parked next to a soft top bronco at the er vet clinic… man…. Idk if I would call it cheap toy looking or hella basic but it got no love from me. I was surprised at just how cheap it looked. Cheap is a mean word… but I can’t think of a more appropriate substitution. My apologies to bronco lovers out there…. The original broncos were so much beefier and tough looking… And the girl driving it had on heels…. So there’s that. Hot mess.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Parked next to a soft top bronco at the er vet clinic… man…. Idk if I would call it cheap toy looking or hella basic but it got no love from me. I was surprised at just how cheap it looked. Cheap is a mean word… but I can’t think of a more appropriate substitution. My apologies to bronco lovers out there…. The original broncos were so much beefier and tough looking… And the girl driving it had on heels…. So there’s that. Hot mess.
OMG a girl was wearing heels while driving a Bronco?!?!?! I need to cancel my order 🤪

And of course there will be Bronco threads on a vehicle forum, if someone doesn't like it, then why are the browsing the "Other Vehicles" section?

And I actually think the bronco is ugly, the dash is terrible, and I hate push button 4wd and parking brake. However, The pros outweigh the cons for me, and since I ordered with no money down, why not? I'm really sick of my stock '19 JLUR handling worse than my '07 JKU with a 4" lift and 37s. However, I have the mopar LCAs waiting for me to install them, and I'm going to try to get the new steering box, and we'll see. ;)

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Driving around my area, these new Broncos, are becoming very popular.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
First off, Im a big Ford guy. I traded a Ranger in for my Jeep just because the money offered was ridiculous.

I contemplated buying one of these before I bought my Jeep and when I went to look at it in person, I couldnt believe how much I hated it. With the top down and doors off, its ok. With the top on, I think it looks awful. The interior feels very cheap and sitting in it feels like a lifted explorer.

The whole vehicle feels clumsy. Its hard to explain but, Ford dropped the ball. The delays arent doing it any favors either.
I haven’t even seen one without the top and doors yet. All closed up, they are ugly. Of course, that’s just an opinion. So if your opinion is different, you’re wrong. Lol

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I looked at a 4 door Bronco at my local Jeep Ford Ram dealer, it is a Big Barge. The Rotary Dial on the center consol, where it is subject to spills, accidental or not moving " what's this for " passengers, pets, a really foolish location, much less the design.
Levers for E brake ( a different designation and purpose entirely from " "Parking Brake" that is the dial/ solenoid system ) is an absolute deal breaker for me.
Plus, the Big Minus of the aesthetics ; if I can't think
"Wow, love looking at this (JEEP, ) I will never buy it.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bronco is becoming quite popular, around here. They are everywhere.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Just had a "friend" approach me with a very schoolboy excited look only to exclaim he ordered a Raptor Bronco. I was nice. I said how great the raptor truck was and a bronco with some real kick would be fun. He talked. And talked. Bronco this and bronco that. I listened and was enthusiastic about his future purchase. ( I do find the minimal dash attractive ). As we parted ways, I told him it was nice knowing him, but im a jeep- he's a bronco. Oil and water baby. Between us jeepers... I cant wait to put him in my rear view mirror....just like I did the ole raptor truck.

Maybe its just me, but the bronco does not illicit any Tim Allen circa home improvement "arh arh arh" grunts when i see it.. more like the geico pigs yelling "wheeeeee".

Jeep Wrangler JL New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler. Screenshot_20221115_125414_Gallery

and I anticipate hearing this from bronco owners...
(giving credits to Marcia Brady for the voice in my head)

Jeep Wrangler JL New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler. Screenshot_20221115_124849_Gallery

Ahh just some more thoughts from ole irish as i procrastinate from the holiday decorating I need to be doing.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Just had a "friend" approach me with a very schoolboy excited look only to exclaim he ordered a Raptor Bronco. I was nice. I said how great the raptor truck was and a bronco with some real kick would be fun. He talked. And talked. Bronco this and bronco that. I listened and was enthusiastic about his future purchase. ( I do find the minimal dash attractive ). As we parted ways, I told him it was nice knowing him, but im a jeep- he's a bronco. Oil and water baby. Between us jeepers... I cant wait to put him in my rear view mirror....just like I did the ole raptor truck.

Maybe its just me, but the bronco does not illicit any Tim Allen circa home improvement "arh arh arh" grunts when i see it.. more like the geico pigs yelling "wheeeeee".

Jeep Wrangler JL New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler. Screenshot_20221115_124849_Gallery

and I anticipate hearing this from bronco owners...
(giving credits to Marcia Brady for the voice in my head)

Ahh just some more thoughts from ole irish as i procrastinate from the holiday decorating I need to be doing.
I love my Jeep. But I could see buying a 2-door Bronco some day. Definitely NOT the 4-door Bronco though.

Jeep Wrangler JL New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler. Bronco 2-door Antimatter Blue

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Jeep. But I could see buying a 2-door Bronco some day. Definitely NOT the 4-door Bronco though.

Jeep Wrangler JL New 2022 Bronco. Watch out Wrangler. Bronco 2-door Antimatter Blue
WHEW!!!! Thanks for kicking this thread back up man. I was getting worried that the Bronco threads were becoming quiet again but you saved the day.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked with a guy who bought one, last year, and still owns it. He never takes it off road, and has numerous issues. I couldn't get into the details, because of work. He said he wouldn't do it again. He said it spent more time in the shop than on the road. But, it looked nice.
Sponsored