Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Which is all fine and good. But to predict that “once they start ramping up production, Jeep will be feeling a hurt.” is a bit of a stretch.

So far Ford has spent a billion dollars marketing Bronco only to fall flat on its face during the launch, with a lot of that demand ending in Jeep dealers ordering Wranglers.

It will take Ford a very long time to recover all those thousands of shoppers it got so excited, then so pissed off, and lost to the competition.
I’m one of them! Reserved a Bronco on the second day in July of 2020, couldn’t wait any longer so I bought a Tacoma knowing I could flip it (luckily still worth more than I paid), and when I didn’t get scheduled for January of 2022 it was the last straw.

Ordered a Jeep 12/6 and I reached back out to my dealer on 12/14 to get a POC and I had an estimated delivery date of 1/8.

I used to bleed Ford blue, but they seriously screwed up this launch. Couldn’t be happier or more excited with my decision to come back to Jeep!
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I was able to look over a new 2022 Ford Bronco with a rag top, and Area 51 paint color. It was the Sasquatch Package. It looks really sharp. I can see people choosing these, if they are not interested in serious off-roading. But, I'm not a fan of the wheels, and how they will get hurt by curbs, because of how far they stick out.
Here is a link to one, but not a rag top. Watch out Wrangler, once they start ramping up production, Jeep will be feeling a hurt.
BTW, it looks much much better, in person.

Why do you think the tires will get hit by curbs? I've had tires that extended past the wells for a decade and never once did I hit a curb with them.

Doubt many 'Jeep owners' will switch to a Bronco, that's like asking a Mustang owner to buy a Camaro. I think the "Wranger" will be just fine.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Bronco seat is comfy, but it's not available in 4 dr. hardtop unless you want to pay an extreme price. Hard pass.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
..,,Watch out Wrangler, once they start ramping up production, Jeep will be feeling a hurt.
BTW, it looks much much better, in person.

Well Ford does have the narrow trails figured out with their IFS.

1D3265E5-693A-44BC-BDAA-1A6C277EF809.jpeg

No way can that front end look good to a sane person.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m one of them! Reserved a Bronco on the second day in July of 2020, couldn’t wait any longer so I bought a Tacoma knowing I could flip it (luckily still worth more than I paid), and when I didn’t get scheduled for January of 2022 it was the last straw.

Ordered a Jeep 12/6 and I reached back out to my dealer on 12/14 to get a POC and I had an estimated delivery date of 1/8.

I used to bleed Ford blue, but they seriously screwed up this launch. Couldn’t be happier or more excited with my decision to come back to Jeep!
I know what you mean. I went from a 2018 JKUR Recon to a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road back to a 2018 JLU Sahara within 6 months.

The Tacoma was the closest I could find to Jeep’s off-road capability, that held its value. Toyota offers a LOT more value for money than Jeep and, in general, better dealer service. But Tacoma’s 3.5 V6 engine and 6-speed auto were a total let down.

I considered waiting for the new Bronco. But Ford kept postponing and delaying the launch. Then it started playing the “reservations” game, and “leaking” information instead of being upfront what was going on. Then it started blaming suppliers, uploading dubious “independent” reviews and clearly exaggerated CG videos on social media.

By then I had enough. I make a living in automotive marketing: if an automaker believes in its own products, it doesn’t need to twist and bend reality to the extent Ford has with Bronco.

In the end, I figured if I wanted the best off-road capability I had to get another Jeep; crummy dealers notwithstanding.

No regrets: my JL has been totally trouble free, a lot more fun to drive and easier to modify than the Toyota, and even my lowly Sahara is more capable in snow and on the trail than the Tacoma.

Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
The Bronco probably fits my needs better... I wanted a convertible, but needed an SUV... I'm not saying that I won't drive over stuff... but the off roading capability is an extra to me, not something that changes the equation...

The wider interior, frameless doors and IFS would have been great "FOR ME"... but I have no regrets with the Jeep.

I'm an import buyer with no brand loyalty, so Ford vs Jeep means nothing to me.

But again, I'm perfectly happy with the Wrangler... so far it's fit like a glove.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Why do you think the tires will get hit by curbs? I've had tires that extended past the wells for a decade and never once did I hit a curb with them.

Doubt many 'Jeep owners' will switch to a Bronco, that's like asking a Mustang owner to buy a Camaro. I think the "Wranger" will be just fine.
Wheels(Rims), not the tires. The one I saw had the rims about flush with the tires.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco does look appealing but the Wrangler is quirky with its driving dynamics and is one of the few vehicles rocking the solid axles!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just looked over a 2DR model, Mustard Yellow color. It looks better than the 4DR.
I agree with you guys. Solid front axle is needed, or a severely beefed up front suspension.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I've now seen more Mavericks (2) and Santa Cruz (1) in the wild than than I've seen Bronco (2).

Southeast/central NH.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont see much of a difference in crappy suspensions, between the Wrangler, and the Bronco. To me, it seems the weak link, in the Bronco, is the Tie Rod. Put a beefier Tie rod in, and problem solved.
The Wrangler has many suspension weak links, that cause the dreaded Death Wobble. The Wrangler might be harder, and more expensive to fix.
But, I still prefer a solid front axle.