Sponsored

New 2021 Rubicon Rear Camara FRUSTRATION

First Name
Birgit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited; 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
So I LOVE my Jeep...brand new 1023 miles...my 4th Jeep Wrangler (2-2door Sports) and 1 4door unlimited Sport. Love them so much I ecided to spend the big bucks--traded a 4Runner TRD OffRoad in for this one even.
So, at 800 miles...engine light comes on and have to get a hotel because of a misfire in 5th valve (thankfully just a cracked spark plug from the factory ??)
Now my rear camara just goes black, then comes back on 4 hours later. I read the threads so I think it's because I threw it into reverse too quickly: one of the threads said his jeep threw a "bitch-fit" when he did this...lol. But, seriously???
Do I go have this checked out or just chalk it up to Rubi's being glitchy because electronics are not Jeep's strong suit? Very frustrating to throw out the big bucks and have this be the one Jeep giving me a heart attack... (fyi she is a manual if that matters...I like the control in the snow and dirt).

Please let me know if you've had similar issues and what you've found/done. Thank you!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
B's2JeepHousehold
First Name
Birgit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid $50k+. Everything better work flawlessly on my JL until at least the warranty period is up. And if it doesn't, it's on the dealer to make it right. Just my opinion.
Thanks!! Glad to hear no issues in yours. I'm hoping these were just two random unfortunate incidents. I appreciate the response! :)

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
My backup camera went black with only the text to check your surroundings appearing.
Happened once, then the next restart it happened again. On the third start, I powered on the radio and let it come up without touching the screen at all. Then it has worked ever since. This is on a 2020 JLUR

OP
OP
B's2JeepHousehold
First Name
Birgit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My backup camera went black with only the text to check your surroundings appearing.
Happened once, then the next restart it happened again. On the third start, I powered on the radio and let it come up without touching the screen at all. Then it has worked ever since. This is on a 2020 JLUR
Cool! Good to know. thx.

Sponsored

OP
OP
B's2JeepHousehold
First Name
Birgit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
havemn't had an issue since, so if anyone ever has this issue and looks here, it could be that you just threw it into reverse too quickly which can mess with the UConnect camara connectivity. Once the jeep is off a couple hours (2-3) and you restart it it should be fine. Or there are ways on google to hardstart the UConnect. I didn't try those though.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Well...spending that much it better not happen very frequently.

I guess I'd keep an eye on it to see to much it happens and take some video when it does.

If it happens a few times I'd be taking it to the dealer.

Hopefully a reboot clears it up.

Got to love this modern technology sometimes.

OP
OP
B's2JeepHousehold
First Name
Birgit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a follow-up incase anyone else ever has this experience. It's been three, almost 4, weeks now an dit never happened again. :)
Sponsored