DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My issue occurs when engine RPMs are ~1500+. It’s primarily noticeable at low speeds, especially shortly after startup when the engine is at higher RPMs.

When I press the clutch, I hear a slight vibration noise, and feel a vibration in the pedal. It’s almost as if the flywheel is sort of unbalanced.
I've never noticed that. I'll check for it tomorrow when I fire her up.
Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Here is a video clip of the sound. I’d love to know if anyone else has this.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
54,000 miles 2018 Rubi, no issues with the clutch, very smooth and no vibrations. That's not to say that I am happy with the recall. I think the clutch is under designed and won't last as long as other cars/clutches last.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
54,000 miles 2018 Rubi, no issues with the clutch, very smooth and no vibrations. That's not to say that I am happy with the recall. I think the clutch is under designed and won't last as long as other cars/clutches last.
I concur. IMO, there is a design issue that they’re just putting bandaids on. I had 4 manual JKs and never had a clutch issue. 2 of my 3 JLs have had issues.

Sponsored

Jeepguy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Manual
Hey, Did anyone ever get an answer why this vibration occurs?

I've test driven a few JL manuals last year and one this year and every time they have this vibration.

Does anyone own a 2021 or 2022 that has zero clutch vibration?

Matt878

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 15 Sahara 2dr 6 speed, current 18 JLU S
Occupation
You wouldn’t like me if you knew
2022 with 150 miles and all of sudden I have clutch vibration in first and second gear as I’m engaging and disengaging

Mrvargas00

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU sport
New owner of a 2022 jlu sport manual.
I'm feeling the exact same feeling in the clutch pedal.. from driving off the lot with 8 miles on her. After I'm in gear ( any gear any speed) when I slightly engage the clutch pedal there is a vibration... is this normal?
Thanks in advance.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
New owner of a 2022 jlu sport manual.
I'm feeling the exact same feeling in the clutch pedal.. from driving off the lot with 8 miles on her. After I'm in gear ( any gear any speed) when I slightly engage the clutch pedal there is a vibration... is this normal?
Thanks in advance.
I think so. I've heard of a lot of them with that. Mine does it on hard throttle with fast clutching. Just for a second. It has done that for 67k miles.

EVERY manual transmission in ANY vehicle has quirks and idosynchrosies. I've owned probably 12 vehicles in my life with manuals, including a YJ and my current JK and JL. Each has had its own unique feel in some way, usually small. My brother's both had YJ's with the same Aisin manual transmissions and they felt 95% the same. But the 5% difference was a quirky thing in each one that the others didn't have.

But if you think it could be a problem, take it to the dealer to check it out.

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Did anyone end of getting this resolved at the dealership or elsewhere? I have been experiencing the same issue. Started happening intermittently a few months after purchase, now it's more frequent evetime I drive. Can feel and hear the vibration in the clutch pedal, slight push on it stops the sound, but still able to feel it. Only happens when moderate acceleration, just before time to shift. Something is out of balance or worn?

Sponsored

ski-line900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willy's Sport
I have the same vibration, more apparent after installing ACT clutch. There is a vibration felt through the pedal at the start of the pedal stroke. It gets more pronounced with RPM, not really noticeable below 2500rpm.

Seems like it would have to be the throwout bearing interfacing with the pressure plate. Possibly there are uneven pressure plate fingers? Interesting that it happens with OEM and aftermarket clutches.

@Actman - Any ideas?

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I have the same vibration, more apparent after installing ACT clutch. There is a vibration felt through the pedal at the start of the pedal stroke. It gets more pronounced with RPM, not really noticeable below 2500rpm.

Seems like it would have to be the throwout bearing interfacing with the pressure plate. Possibly there are uneven pressure plate fingers? Interesting that it happens with OEM and aftermarket clutches.

@Actman - Any ideas?
Dealer service technician told me Slave Cylinder when i took it in but said it was normal and not to be concerned about it :facepalm:. I have 38k on mine now and have just gotten used to it.
Sponsored