First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Just picked up my 2021 JLR brand new delivery.

While driving home, the clutch vibration became more apparent. Its almost like a buzzing feel on the pedal as the pedal is pressed or released. Once the clutch is completly dissengage, (pedal pressed down to the floor) the vibration feel is gone. However, when I start to release the pedal I start to feel the vibration and become stronger as the pedal is released. The buzz feel does not seem to correlate to the RPM of the engine.

This happens in all 6 gears. If I touch the pedal while driving in a gear, I can feel the vibration buzz.

Is this normal?

I own 2 other manual clutch cars and the pedal does not vibrate or buzz like this.

Thanks,

RT
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

While driving home, the clutch vibration became more apparent. Its almost like a buzzing feel on the pedal as the pedal is pressed or released. Once the clutch is completly dissengage, (pedal pressed down to the floor) the vibration feel is gone. However, when I start to release the pedal I start to feel the vibration and become stronger as the pedal is released. The buzz feel does not seem to correlate to the RPM of the engine.

This happens in all 6 gears. If I touch the pedal while driving in a gear, I can feel the vibration buzz.

Is this normal?

I own 2 other manual clutch cars and the pedal does not vibrate or buzz like this.

Thanks,

RT
Not at all normal, and don’t let your dealer say otherwise. It sounds like the slave cylinder was not properly bled at the factory. Over an extended period of time, air in the line has proven to have severe consequences. Take it back and make them fix it.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL

Is this normal?

Thanks,

RT
Does it happen while sitting still?

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
Agree with OldGuyNewJeep - It does not sound normal. My wife’s JLUS clutch is very smooth, no vibration. I have a JKU with the older manual and same thing - no vibration in the clutch pedal.

OP
OP
RTCalifornia

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Does it happen while sitting still?
Yes. While the engine is running and sitting still. Feels like the clutch bearings or something with the clutch.

RT

Sponsored

OP
OP
RTCalifornia

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Thanks everyone. I will try to set an appointment with the dealership.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
No i traded off my first one which did it all the time. My new one does it occasionally. Havent taken it into the shop yet.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
No i traded off my first one which did it all the time. My new one does it occasionally. Havent taken it into the shop yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. If you’re new one does it occasionally too, I have a feeling I’m going to get told it’s normal. Still taking it in.

Sponsored

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Thanks for the quick reply. If you’re new one does it occasionally too, I have a feeling I’m going to get told it’s normal. Still taking it in.
I drove another one on a dealer lot that did it also. But, that doesnt make it normal imo. Take it in and see what they say. Let me know how it goes. I need to schedule an appt for mine for that and various other things.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove another one on a dealer lot that did it also. But, that doesnt make it normal imo. Take it in and see what they say. Let me know how it goes. I need to schedule an appt for mine for that and various other things.
I’ll let you know. I had and 18, which didn’t have this particular problem, but did have every other clutch recall issue instead… I’d say I should have gotten an auto, but then I’d just be mad I paid more for one less pedal.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I’ll let you know. I had and 18, which didn’t have this particular problem, but did have every other clutch recall issue instead… I’d say I should have gotten an auto, but then I’d just be mad I paid more for one less pedal.
I love the feeling of doors and top off and shifting through the gears. Vibration or not!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine will have a slight vibration that comes in through the pedal that is there for about a quarter of a second if accelerating really hard just as the clutch engages. But it goes away as soon as it fully grabs. It has always done this, mainly going 1-2 and 2-3 and again, only when on the pipe and shifting at very high rpm. It has never bothered me and never changed. If I go a little smoother on the pedal and not quite as fast in releasing it, it doesn't do it.

Every single manual I've ever owned has had its little quirks and I'm convinced this is the same deal. Otherwise, it has ben perfect.

I'm not sure it is the same thing you guys are talking about, thoiugh.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine will have a slight vibration that comes in through the pedal that is there for about a quarter of a second if accelerating really hard just as the clutch engages. But it goes away as soon as it fully grabs. It has always done this, mainly going 1-2 and 2-3 and again, only when on the pipe and shifting at very high rpm. It has never bothered me and never changed. If I go a little smoother on the pedal and not quite as fast in releasing it, it doesn't do it.

Every single manual I've ever owned has had its little quirks and I'm convinced this is the same deal. Otherwise, it has ben perfect.

I'm not sure it is the same thing you guys are talking about, thoiugh.
My issue occurs when engine RPMs are ~1500+. It’s primarily noticeable at low speeds, especially shortly after startup when the engine is at higher RPMs.

When I press the clutch, I hear a slight vibration noise, and feel a vibration in the pedal. It’s almost as if the flywheel is sort of unbalanced.
Sponsored