Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 2021 JL Sport S with tech/cold weather package (eek!). Anyway, they have halogen lamps, etc. - I want to swap the headlights out and put in some LEDs that I can purchase online.

Currently when my lights are set to "auto" I have absolutely no DRLs on at all. I'm assuming this is normal in the Sport S trim, but is there a way to activate DRL's on newly bought headlights when the lights are set to "auto"?

Any help for this newb would be great. Be gentle please!! Thank you :)
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my 2021 JL Sport S with tech/cold weather package (eek!). Anyway, they have halogen lamps, etc. - I want to swap the headlights out and put in some LEDs that I can purchase online.

Currently when my lights are set to "auto" I have absolutely no DRLs on at all. I'm assuming this is normal in the Sport S trim, but is there a way to activate DRL's on newly bought headlights when the lights are set to "auto"?

Any help for this newb would be great. Be gentle please!! Thank you :)
There's a lot of bad LED headlights and only a few good ones, be sure to do your research before "adding to cart"
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fender-led-drl-switchbacks-on-jl-sport.25959/

OP
OP
pianomankd

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
okay Iā€™ll ā€œdo my researchā€, but Iā€™m curious if you can make DRLs if they didnā€™t come with the Sport S?
That link is how I wired my aftermarket lights (w/ split DRL/turn halos) to have the DRL function on my Sport S. And just be sure you're getting a decent headlight, the ones I bought didn't have great output and a very poorly defined cutoff. I have a new set that's better but still not the ideal output/cutoff that I've been wanting. Oracles seem to get consistent high marks for output & sharp cutoff.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Why not tap into your parking lights instead? This will allow you to go blackout if shit ever hits the fan and you need to be sneaky. When I want my fenders on I just leave the dial on parking lights. You can even leave it on parking lights when you shut your vehicle off since they eventually turn off anyways.

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
pianomankd

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
Why not tap into your parking lights instead? This will allow you to go blackout if shit ever hits the fan and you need to be sneaky. When I want my fenders on I just leave the dial on parking lights. You can even leave it on parking lights when you shut your vehicle off since they eventually turn off anyways.
Thanks! Didn't know that!
Sponsored