Sponsored

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
In my experience, part of the big hit from hybrids and EVs is you can't go based on the MSRP - because resale market also takes into account the rebates that were used... If you buy a $40,000 Hybrid that had a $7500 Fed and a $2500 state credit... it isn't worth $35000 when you drive it off the lot like a normal car, it is worth $25,000, but you only paid $30000.
This. Exactly this. The market prices the $7500 rebate into resale value...
Sponsored

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4-door Sting-Grey
I waited for a little over 2-months for my Sting-Gray 2021 Rubicon and just love it. When I first stopped at a stop sign and the motor shut off, I thought oh no, but it is something built in, just love it. Hit 400 miles yesterday. Have lift kit coming, bumpers and 37's with rims on the way, I purchased all or most upgrades from mopar, for moving to Nevada, as part of the deal, my wife said I could purchase a new jeep, so long California...lol

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I thought the same thing at first too! Oh No Its broken!!! I never got used to it. I just push the off button automatically everytime I start it. I hate the auto shut down mode. I can probably program it to remain off somehow, but I never got around to figuring it out.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
How is Jeep winning all these "awards" when it was just the prototype and advertised specs? Dont the folks "reviewing" need to drive an actual production piece and test it out in the real world?

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
How is Jeep winning all these "awards" when it was just the prototype and advertised specs? Dont the folks "reviewing" need to drive an actual production piece and test it out in the real world?
I don't know for this particular company, but it's common practice for industry journalists to get production vehicles before they arrive at the dealer for exactly this situation.

Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
If you don't pay for a service, you're the product. These websites need clicks to make money and they'll gladly hype a model if they think that will bring clicks.

It worked.

This. Exactly this. The market prices the $7500 rebate into resale value...
You're correct, up until the point when FCA runs out of credits. Then all of the used models purchased with the $7,500 credit are suddenly competing with new prices that are $7,500 more.

Danielos2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4-door Sting-Grey
I thought the same thing at first too! Oh No Its broken!!! I never got used to it. I just push the off button automatically everytime I start it. I hate the auto shut down mode. I can probably program it to remain off somehow, but I never got around to figuring it out.
If you have the money to buy the Z-JLM Tazer Mini, you can program so the computer remembers your last setting so you don't have to always turn it off from the dash or start/stop $320 or there about. Good video on it on Quadratec, does a lot of cool things,