New 2021 Jeep rubicon issues with painted fenders

Tictoctire

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler rubicon
I just bought a 2021 white Jeep Wrangler rubicon loaded I notice at 500 miles my 2 painted front fenders and the top of my grill is discolored from the heat from the engine turning to a dark brown stain that’s baked into the paint and clear coat ! It has 1000 miles now and getting worst everytime I drive it . It’s In shop at Jeep now getting looked at ! Has anyone else came across this issue before ? This is a $59,000 Jeep
Jeep is working with me they have three couple opinion at me fix and repaint fender and pay me for my headache? I just don’t see me painting on a brand new Jeep this isn’t what i want ? Any advice possible buy back
Engine isn’t showing and over heating on gauges inside but it’s putting the heat out on the fenders and grille

3BEA6DEA-74B3-4CEA-BE9E-39BF6F2C00A6.jpeg

999906AF-A21B-46FA-9768-6427241235D0.jpeg

1D96B4F7-36E7-4B51-85BE-8586A08967E1.jpeg
Sponsored

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
Wow, never seen this before. Just be advised that once you get something repainted, there’s no guarantee it will perfectly match. The glass company replaced my delaminating rear panel glass and gouged the paint around the perimeter, now the dang panel paint is darker then the rest of the Jeep. GRRRR!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
It's not an unheard of problem with white paint on Wranglers. You can probably find the threads discussing it by using the search function.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It's not an unheard of problem with white paint on Wranglers. You can probably find the threads discussing it by using the search function.
definitely not unheard of. I've seen a couple threads about it, but I seem to remember it was more "yellowish" then brown. Since I dont have a white jeep I didnt follow up on the threads, but sadly, this isn't unheard of.

GL OP, If my jee was doing this, It would definitely trigger me.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/yellowing-of-white-paint-from-heat.54883/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bright-white-grille-turning-yellow.6394/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...lowish-compared-to-the-rest-of-the-jeep.7443/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/yellowing-paint-2021-wrangler-unlimited.60203/

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
My detailer said both front fenders are wrapped in a clear protective vinyl (and I can see/feel if I look close now). Looks like it could be the clear vinyl discoloring. Still sucks. I don't have discoloration on my white painted fenders, but I have a diesel so probably different heat dissipation.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fenders and grill for the white JL’s, this is a common problem.

The Rubicon’s are seeing the fenders more since they’re higher up by the hood seam.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It is a known issue with white Jeeps.

That is the reason FCA doesn't charge extra for white... :LOL:

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Fenders and grill for the white JL’s, this is a common problem.

The Rubicon’s are seeing the fenders more since they’re higher up by the hood seam.
Unbelievable almost 4 model years into the JL wrangler and they’re still having problems with the white paint discoloring I’ll tell your jeep is in for a world of hurt when the bronco comes out you’re gonna see a ton of used JL wrangler’s on Ford dealership lots

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Honestly I don't think this has anything to do with heat. My 2021 has the yellowing grill issue like others have pointed out, right above the driver's side headlight. It's not on the hood at all, and I noticed it within a week or two of owning it. Hasn't gotten any worse either in 4 months, so I really don't suspect it's heat at all.

There's nothing in that area that would generate any abnormal heat on mine. I think it's just piss-poor quality control and poor painting that lets that natural plastic color show through most noticeably on white.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Honestly I don't think this has anything to do with heat. My 2021 has the yellowing grill issue like others have pointed out, right above the driver's side headlight. It's not on the hood at all, and I noticed it within a week or two of owning it. Hasn't gotten any worse either in 4 months, so I really don't suspect it's heat at all.

There's nothing in that area that would generate any abnormal heat on mine. I think it's just piss-poor quality control and poor painting that lets that natural plastic color show through most noticeably on white.
For the fenders it is definitely caused by head, there is a coating on them that doesn’t like heat. For the grill it is a cross between the crappy plasticizer mix used to mold the grill reacting to paint.

Zed57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Hello, I am having this same issue, dealer wants to repaint the fenders. Anyone else go through any remediation steps? I would never have chosen a white Jeep if I knew about this issue.
Sponsored