Sponsored

New 2021 Horrible Experience. Does FCA Even Care?

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
You should probably keep your hands on the wheel.
Lol. I do. It’s more about the work it was taking to keep it straight which meant the tires would get chewed up.
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately they already replaced that.
OP , you are a very patient man. You are putting up with way too much though. Why are you not instigating the lemon law? My wife got her brand new Camry( before we met) bought back because the infotainment unit ( radio) failed and they tried to fix it three times. The freakin radio, and she got her money back and bought a Mazda. Yo u are driving a dangerous vehicle. Come on man. Enough is enough.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP , you are a very patient man. You are putting up with way too much though. Why are you not instigating the lemon law? My wife got her brand new Camry( before we met) bought back because the infotainment unit ( radio) failed and they tried to fix it three times. The freakin radio, and she got her money back and bought a Mazda. Yo u are driving a dangerous vehicle. Come on man. Enough is enough.
It's not easy being patient. Still waiting for some responses from the case manager, been a week. Problem is still ongoing.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else with the Mopar lift experienced a bad set of shocks? I mentioned that the passenger rear was sagging and they replaced it. Now they are going to replace the driver front because of function. I was seeing some sagging on the right again so this morning I measured from the top of tire to the straight line on the side of the fender. Below are my measurements. Thoughts?

Driver Front: 11 5/8
Driver Rear: 10 1/8
Passenger Rear: 9 5/8
Passenger Front: 11

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I think Jeep Cares is just a formality to show others that Jeep really seeks customer satisfaction and helps people resolve their issues with the product. In reality, it doesn't seem to make one bit of difference. Most of the dealerships don't have a clue about their product and they do anything to get rid of the customer after they sell them a vehicle or service. You are basically on your own to come up with a way to fix things at your own time and expense.
I don’t have experience with Jeep Cares. But my stepfather has experience with Ram Cares, they assisted in getting parts expedited and covering a rental... But getting a compact Hyundai POS when your brand new with only a few hundred miles loaded out diesel 2500 seems a bit crappy to me. Still was an improvement over getting no assistance from purchasing dealer and repair dealership, neither would provide a loaner or provide parts to get the truck back on the road for over a month as initially quoted. One call to Rams Care and they at least located and overnighted parts, while ensuring the truck repair was a priority... Certainly better then nothing, at least if the problem is when the dealers problem is not being able to secure parts.

I am sure Jeep Cares is similar, if not the same... I have the same issue as the OP with my door and so have others, seems to be somewhat common. While I understand the reason why, but it’s a bit annoying to see them ask for the customer to DM them and never say anything publicly. At least when it seems be a growing somewhat common problem. Be nice to address the problem, what solution we can expect if the problem occurs and if corrections been done on the production line (when buying a new JL, be nice to know my hinges shouldn’t have problems needing to potentially be repainted down the road) Then dealers act like it’s a one off problem and FCA isn’t aware, yet large threads with the Cares team constantly asking for DMs tells me they are aware and don’t care. It just adds to the frustration for those that experience the problems.

My Jeep is still new, and haven’t spent much time with it. But I noticed some problems I will want addressed later when I have time. I have the same issues with the doors as the OP it seems, paint is getting damaged where It rubs the tub (Googled this, it’s popped up more then a few times on this forum alone). My right overhead speaker rattles and the center USB port doesn’t seem the most reliable. Also the paint quality is a bit disappointing, some minor issues that should have been picked up by QC... Admittedly I am a bit picky, first new vehicle and I use to do QC. Some of these I am not going to push, as the repair would do be potentially more noticeable or I intend to replace it, such as the speaker issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
" My Jeep is still new, and haven’t spent much time with it . . ." How is that even possible??

G. :CWL:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
" My Jeep is still new, and haven’t spent much time with it . . ." How is that even possible??

G. :CWL:
Travel for work, bought it on my last rotation out. Drove it around for a bit on the job, then shipped home. Only had one rotation home with it so far and about to go back out.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Did OP mention if his son has the same lift?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Did OP mention if his son has the same lift?
They both have Mopar lift installed by same dealer and if I recall, it was mentioned by the same technician.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They both have Mopar lift installed by same dealer and if I recall, it was mentioned by the same technician.
Correct.

Sponsored

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, Cherokee
The ability to pursue Lemon Law protections only last so long. I think I would pursue them sooner rather than later. If I had this amount of trouble with a new car, I'd hate it long after it was 'fixed'. Stories like these take the shine off of wanting a wrangler or JT for my next ride. I've had battery issues and clutch issues that were covered by warranty with my current car, which was a PIA for both of them. It doesn't seem any car is perfect.

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, Cherokee
Is the dealer Walled Lake LaFontaine? It would be nice to know so folks don't make the same mistake. If it's not in the Walled Lake area, it is easy enough to confirm.

In the Boston area, Grava is place from which I would not look to buy a car.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the dealer Walled Lake LaFontaine? It would be nice to know so folks don't make the same mistake. If it's not in the Walled Lake area, it is easy enough to confirm.

In the Boston area, Grava is place from which I would not look to buy a car.
It''s not that dealer.

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here's the latest. After telling the dealer of the lean down on the right side and giving them the measurements they are replacing the driver's front shock and all the springs. Their thought is that the company who packages the lift might have mis-marked them and they are the wrong springs front>back<side<>side, who knows.

Anyway, I have another appointment this coming week to have that done. Here's the kicker, my case manager will no longer call or write me. I have sent her four emails and left two voicemails to tell her what is going on now.

@JeepCares are you listening? This Jeep was ordered on 1/27. I have not had a chance to enjoy it at all. I am still dealing with steering issues which are a safety hazard. The paint hasn't even been touched yet.

Something has to be done from the top of the company. This needs attention. Short of hiring a skywriter, what can I do?

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So here's the latest. After telling the dealer of the lean down on the right side and giving them the measurements they are replacing the driver's front shock and all the springs. Their thought is that the company who packages the lift might have mis-marked them and they are the wrong springs front>back<side<>side, who knows.

Anyway, I have another appointment this coming week to have that done. Here's the kicker, my case manager will no longer call or write me. I have sent her four emails and left two voicemails to tell her what is going on now.

@JeepCares are you listening? This Jeep was ordered on 1/27. I have not had a chance to enjoy it at all. I am still dealing with steering issues which are a safety hazard. The paint hasn't even been touched yet.

Something has to be done from the top of the company. This needs attention. Short of hiring a skywriter, what can I do?
You can start a lemon law claim.
Sponsored