Sponsored

New 2021 Horrible Experience. Does FCA Even Care?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
LOL. Show me a human or group of humans who can execute any task "flawlessly" every time!!!!
LOL it’s a bit unreasonable a request isn’t it? Can it be done? With tools, time and LOTS of money, probably. Or close enough ;)
Expecting perfection from humans is a *horrible* life plan.
I agree. The demand for perfection from a human being is an unreasonable expectation.
Sponsored

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
@JeepCares is the human, most likely college graduate/intern, very small, limited customer facing support mechanism of a very large, grand company.

Sadly, these human beings are the undeserving recipients of some of the most hateful, vile, dung filled comments projected at them by upset owners.

Buyers with issues on their factory built rigs want accountability but there isn’t really a support structure in place on where to go to get it.

The solve is expensive yet easy: establish MAJOR FCA service hubs across the nation, staffed with white and blue collar shirts, certified service managers and certified mechanics. Every employee should be expertly trained to be able to take apart the Wrangler and put it all back together flawlessly - every nut and bolt in proper location and torqued to spec.

They understand what every part is, what it does, how it functions, how it is supposed to, how it can malfunction and what are the consequences and implications if the part, either electrical or mechanical, fails.

Having something like the above would help rebuild the brand but it would also be ridiculously expensive - how could it be sustainable?
I think FCA cares, just not enough. They're living in the dark as to what other manufacturers are doing to create a better experience.

Jeep Cares seems to have been created because FCA/Stellantis realized they have such major problems with customer care at the dealer level. And as you mentioned, by the time someone calls Jeep Cares, it's probably because they've gotten to the end of their rope and sadly Jeep Cares is probably often on the receiving end of this.

I have an ongoing/unresolved case (months now) and when Jeep Cares told me they need me to bring my Jeep back to the dealer yet again before they can open a case with corporate, my head almost exploded - they can't reach the dealer either and I know I'll be without a car AGAIN for at least week (my only vehicle and the dealer has no loaner). I remained calm and assured the agent that I am upset and I understand it is not her fault, but that surely there is a way to get a case opened before I drop off the vehicle yet again.

Anyhow, I can go on with details, and I'll post a youtube video and long reply about the experience when this is over. But the problem is procedural. There is miscommunication at every level.

And I'll tell you what prompted me to post this - I just arrived to work to see a Lincoln being dropped off valet style and the loaner vehicle being picked up. Compare that to me dropping off my Jeep for a week, walking and taking a subway, then having to call 8 times to find out status.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Ford had a similar social media outreach program going for awhile. A post would be made in a thread where someone was complaining of an issue. These people got overwhelmed. They were getting posts and messages from people who actually believed that there was someone at corporate HQ listening, when in fact it’s someone working from home and forwarding the issue. These people often have the same few fake names and know little to nothing about the vehicles involved.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Ford had a similar social media outreach program going for awhile. A post would be made in a thread where someone was complaining of an issue. These people got overwhelmed. They were getting posts and messages from people who actually believed that there was someone at corporate HQ listening, when in fact it’s someone working from home and forwarding the issue. These people often have the same few fake names and know little to nothing about the vehicles involved.
Wouldn't be suprised if these 'customer care' operations are actually being outsourced to offshore call centers.....

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Jeep Cares seems to have been created because FCA/Stellantis realized they have such major problems with customer care at the dealer level.
That is the issue. It is the "average" level of service from dealers. Some are good, some are horrible, most are mediocre. I think Jeep Cares is the wrong answer. The right answer is that the first point of contact (dealer) owns the problem through resolution (fix at dealership, fix with FCA field engineering help, buy back, whatever). For that to happen FCA need to warranty reimbursement rates, and the proper incentives in place - they need to reward based on first-time fix, customer sat of resolution, etc.

Sadly, we are a long way for that. The incentives are for the service dept to spend the least amount of time on your vehicle, get you out of there and bill FCA for the warranty labor. The more times they come back for the same problem (e.g. rear defroster wire, steering wonder, etc) the more money the dealership makes. The incentives are all wrong.

Rrr8400

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I think Jeep Cares is just a formality to show others that Jeep really seeks customer satisfaction and helps people resolve their issues with the product. In reality, it doesn't seem to make one bit of difference. Most of the dealerships don't have a clue about their product and they do anything to get rid of the customer after they sell them a vehicle or service. You are basically on your own to come up with a way to fix things at your own time and expense.
So my experience with JeepCares took a turn for the worse this am. I have had the dreaded Rubicon axle locker sensor issue since the Jeep has had 50 miles on it, so I opened a case with JeepCares. Its at the dealer today for the 3rd time since I've had it in 2 mo of ownership. Its not quite at the sensor failure level now and is intermittent so its tough for the dealer to even acknowledge a problem. But anyway JeepCares had supposedly made an appt for me for today with a loaner.... this was at the dealer its been at before, and my case manager has spoken to the service advisors before. I get to the dealer and they have no record of my appt. Luckily they were able to accommodate me anyway. I call my Jeep Cares case manager when I get home and she had made an appt at the wrong dealer. One I have never even been to before. The incompetence of Jeep / FCA on the service end is unbelievable.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wouldn't be suprised if these 'customer care' operations are actually being outsourced to offshore call centers.....
Probably some dude out from India in a small shack responding to emails and pretending they're going to take care of your problems. Don't worry, be happy.
😁😁😁

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
**UPDATE

The dealer was able to order the Steering Gear and get it in early. So I dropped it off at 7:30am on Thursday. Got a call around 4:15pm that it was done. They told me over the phone that the Service Manager and the Technician thought it made a big difference.

I picked it up and took it down the same few roads I have been testing it on. Initially it felt pretty close to what it was with the pulling. I drove a little further and made sure the road was flat. It actually drove straight for a long time. Then all of the sudden it made a b-line to the left. Got it straight again and it rode for a long time again. Then I noticed a pull to the left again, only this time it was right after a terrain change, a dip, or a bump in the road. It seems like the Steering Gear made a huge difference. No more wrestling to keep it straight. However when there is a bump or a dip it will come down and go to the left. I told the service manager and her reaction was positive that the gear made a big difference but there is still a little to go. I mentioned to her that it is possible one of the shocks on the front are bad and that it doesn't release or react properly after it is flexed with a bump. She agreed. Since it was quitting time we agreed to talk on Tuesday.

Thoughts? At this point FINALLY progress is being made. Could it be a shock is the final piece of the puzzle? Could it be something else?

It feels so good to not have to hold to the right the entire time I am driving!

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
**UPDATE

The dealer was able to order the Steering Gear and get it in early. So I dropped it off at 7:30am on Thursday. Got a call around 4:15pm that it was done. They told me over the phone that the Service Manager and the Technician thought it made a big difference.

I picked it up and took it down the same few roads I have been testing it on. Initially it felt pretty close to what it was with the pulling. I drove a little further and made sure the road was flat. It actually drove straight for a long time. Then all of the sudden it made a b-line to the left. Got it straight again and it rode for a long time again. Then I noticed a pull to the left again, only this time it was right after a terrain change, a dip, or a bump in the road. It seems like the Steering Gear made a huge difference. No more wrestling to keep it straight. However when there is a bump or a dip it will come down and go to the left. I told the service manager and her reaction was positive that the gear made a big difference but there is still a little to go. I mentioned to her that it is possible one of the shocks on the front are bad and that it doesn't release or react properly after it is flexed with a bump. She agreed. Since it was quitting time we agreed to talk on Tuesday.

Thoughts? At this point FINALLY progress is being made. Could it be a shock is the final piece of the puzzle? Could it be something else?

Personly, I wouldn't consider this encouraging. It still sounds like a safety hazard. I'd be drinking that lemonade by now with a new ride on order or a check in my pocket.

Last edited:

Sponsored

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
**UPDATE

Could be the steering stabilizer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
**UPDATE

Sounds to me like a loose steering tie rod or drag link.

Does your JL have larger aftermarket tires?

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
Sounds to me like a loose steering tie rod or drag link.

Does your JL have larger aftermarket tires?
No it has the stock Falken M/T tires.