Sponsored

New 2021 Horrible Experience. Does FCA Even Care?

OP
OP

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
I think you went back to that dealer one to many times. I would have had a shade tree mechanic look at before I took it back to that same dealership.
Unfortunately I had no choice. The case managers would talk with the dealer and make some of the appointments. But good idea reaching out to a different mechanic just to see what they say. Thank you.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Unfortunately I had no choice. The case managers would talk with the dealer and make some of the appointments. But good idea reaching out to a different mechanic just to see what they say. Thank you.
Understandable. Hands are tied. Rough spot to be in with a brand new vehicle.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I would suggest trying a different dealer. I had an extended nightmare scenario with the dealer I bought the Jeep from and finally said I was done with them. Went to a new dealer that was recommended and it was a night and day difference.

I also had JeepCares involved and kept them involved through the dealer transition.

Last edited:

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I really don't want to cause any issues, I just want what I paid for. But man am I tempted...
Can you at least give us the area of MI? Your MI friends are sitting here a little nervous :bandit:

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I think you went back to that dealer one to many times. I would have had a shade tree mechanic look at before I took it back to that same dealership.
The problem with that is you will have to pay the shade tree mechanic, Jeep won't, and were the mechanic to do anything, Jeep would wash their hands of the entire issue.

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
This is a terrible experience for you I'm sure. I had a similar experience when I bought my 2016 Tacoma a few years back brand new, and the headliner kept falling out, transmission had issues, recall work, and other headaches. Even to this day I am hesitant to buy a Toyota, even know everyone claims how "reliable" they are.

At this point, it sounds like it's the dealer that sucks/doesn't care.

Typically manufacturers will try to work things out the best they can - but unfortunately they have to use the dealer as a middleman. If you have a crappy dealer, who won't document and submit the appropriate paperwork, the manufacturer has a hard time figuring out what is wrong. There are a ton of customers, and if the dealer is not making a big enough fuss/bringing the issues up the chain, the manufacturer does not know.

Hope things turn out ok for you! Keep pushing them and complaining. It's the only way for them to do anything. Eventually it should be resolved, one way or another, but it's obviously a PIA.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Read up on lemon law. I think they have a set time period to fix it and a set number of attempts after which they legally have to replace it. Show them you know the law and threaten with a lawyer if needed.

sorry for your experience. I am waiting for my new 2021 which is delayed, and this is not making me feel better about how much I am going to spend.

ColoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 Rubicon
My experience is that Jeep Cares doesn't care. I bought a 2021 Jeep with the dealer installed Mopar lift kit. After taking it back several times to get the springs put on the right way they still rub the frame. The final resolution from the second dealer I went to was that, according to the Mopar engineers, the Mopar lift kit is designed such that the springs rub the frame and nothing can be done to fix it. If it's going to be fixed I have to do it myself.

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I struggled for months in my 2021 as well. Still not sure I trust it. I too would suggest reading up on your state's Lemon Law (non-conforming vehicle here in Utah).

Very frustrating when you feel the dealership doesn't seem able to do the work properly and plays ditch the blame game with FCAllantisitis.

Last edited:

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
I get the wish to not do harm and invoke the lemon law or name them. It’s a good thing. But, the instant they said “it’s fine” with the scratch and door, or “don’t take your hand off the wheel”, or “are you happy?” Or “it’ll be 5 weeks for an appt” should tell you that they DO NOT share that sentiment. At some point, you need to play hardball.

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sometimes things happen and new vehicles will have issues. I've owned Jeeps for many years, and I've had a new in driveway since 2014. They have always made it things right, even if it took a couple tries. However, this is a crazy time in the world. They are overworked and understaffed. Stanis, FCA, and Jeep are fighting to keep their employees paid.

However, their struggle is not your cross to bear. I highly suggest you read your lemon law booklet and get familiar with the process. You may need to do not do something. Since you already have talked with the regional manager you are already close to lemon territory. Lemon lawing it requires giving them multiple attempts to fix the issue, and then an official notice and an official final attempt to fix it.

If they can not fix and have to refund you, they will still want to keep you are a customer and sell you a new one. It will of course cost a little more now as the prices have gone up. Perhaps trying to negotiating a replacement Jeep in leu might be better if they can do that.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I feel the OPs, pain, but a few comments...

1 - It seems like your vehicle has ONE manufacturing defect. The weld bump at the bottom of the door. The dealer offered to have that subed to a body shop to fix it - that is the right thing. OP should have gone with that plan.

2 - All other defects seems to me are a result of a poorly installed AFTERMARKET (MOPAR Performance) lift kit.

Trust me, I installed my own MOPAR lift with a few additional components to make it perform correctly. Most dealers do *NOT* take the time to loosen all 8 control arms and both track bars, during the install and then torque them on the ground. They deliver these lift kits with all arms/links bound up.

Many dealers also fail to align the spring isolators correctly causing axles to partially rotate, springs to be crooked etc.

And the MOPAR lift works best with after market track bars and sping percrches.

So OPs pulling and sagging is likely the result of the incomplete/improperly installed lift. The traction control warnings were due to the steering wheel not being centered (again bad instllation)

You would be wasting time replacing steering box, etc. Take it to an off road shop, put track bars on it, tell them to loosen all links then align. Have the dealer sub to the paint shop to fix the door. Done.

Last edited: