00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Was out early this morning and got the opportunity to see these colors for the first time. 1) These are new Gladiators but I am assuming these colors will be on the Wrangler as well. 2) They almost look the same even though one is a "green" and the other a tan color. The Gator has apparently dashed the hopes for a Sarge Green Admins: Feel free to move this if it's already a thread.

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
00Sebby

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Gobi was previously on the wrangler. I'd like to see both these colors come to the wrangler however Mike Manly already stated that they would not. They are Gladiator only.
Good to know. I was surprised how non-green or even gator-like the Gator was. Hopefully they will bring out a better green for the Wranglers then.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Was out early this morning and got the opportunity to see these colors for the first time. 1) These are new Gladiators but I am assuming these colors will be on the Wrangler as well. 2) They almost look the same even though one is a "green" and the other a tan color. The Gator has apparently dashed the hopes for a Sarge Green Admins: Feel free to move this if it's already a thread.

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg
BOO!! Only for Gladiator

Gladiator is nothing more than a Wrangler with a mullet.

No thanks

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Good to know. I was surprised how non-green or even gator-like the Gator was. Hopefully they will bring out a better green for the Wranglers then.
I'll have to swing by a local dealership to see them. Odd they would release colors so similar.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
00Sebby

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
I thought the same thing but they're different in person. Photos have a hard time with Gator for some reason. Gobi is a straight beige while Gator is more of a light olive.
It's kind of like how Sting Gray changes in different lighting. The Gobi was definitely tan no matter the lighting. The Gator had some greenish hues but at some angles looked almost identical to Gobi a few spaces down. Agreed, my photos didn't do it justice because of the way the dealership building was shading it.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they definitely needed to make that color much darker green.. They missed the mark on that one and sales will reflect. It’s crazy though because in the builder it looks much darker. Could it be the same color and the dealer just screwed up the sticker? Possibly?

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Even though Gobi has no green in it what so ever, depending on lighting, it had a greenish hue to it. It makes it even a little harder to tell them apart..

13C09754-ABA7-4873-A871-1B3BB75061D8.jpeg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they definitely needed to make that color much darker green.. They missed the mark on that one and sales will reflect. It’s crazy though because in the builder it looks much darker. Could it be the same color and the dealer just screwed up the sticker? Possibly?
Silly goose...dealers don't make mistakes. JL's take 6 quarts.

OP
OP
00Sebby

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
I don't think so. In person, there was a difference but it wasn't huge. Way more similar than the often confused Dozer and Crush on the JKs. Here are a couple of pics (Gobi and Gator) from a dealer website. Again, very similar.

But, we may have to let this thread die since it is not JL related because these colors aren't coming to the Wrangler line up.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 4.45.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 4.46.07 PM.png