New 2 door wrangler pricing with soft top

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
I am looking to buy a 2020 two door Jeep Wrangler. I found a dealership with a great price but the Jeep has a soft top. I would like a hard top. The dealer can order an OEM hard top for $3,000. That seems very pricey. Is there a better way to get a hard top that fits well? I have never owned a Jeep so this is all new to me
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can try to find a wrecked 2020 with a hardtop but think that would be rare. If you can get the hardtop as an accessory you can get a $200 coupon from Mopar. These are the standard black tops not color painted. Also check about wiring for rear wiper and washer hose.
DV8 makes funny looking ones for 4 door not sure for 2 door and cost as much or more.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i would think the $3k price tag is high, but just looking at quadratec there hard tops is priced up there. the other brand would be best top. theresoft tops are great. not sure how the hard top fair. the problem you might have is the soft top equipped jeep may not have the rear windshield controls and the rear defroster option. if it was me, i dont use the rear wiper so its no big deal for me. what might be a problem is the rear defroster. i believe it required in all states.

OP
OP

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Thank you for the advice. I very mu
i would think the $3k price tag is high, but just looking at quadratec there hard tops is priced up there. the other brand would be best top. theresoft tops are great. not sure how the hard top fair. the problem you might have is the soft top equipped jeep may not have the rear windshield controls and the rear defroster option. if it was me, i dont use the rear wiper so its no big deal for me. what might be a problem is the rear defroster. i believe it required in all states.
ch appreciate others inut