Sponsored

New 2 door rubicon needs advice

Deleted member 59098

37s on the JLU seems reasonable for break over, the two door is fine with 35s. Low center of gravity is a good thing. I wouldn’t take my JL on anything where 37s were necessary, that’s what $1,000 XJs and ZJs are made for.
Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
37s on the JLU seems reasonable for break over, the two door is fine with 35s. Low center of gravity is a good thing. I wouldn’t take my JL on anything where 37s were necessary, that’s what $1,000 XJs and ZJs are made for.
I could not agree more on keeping the center of gravity as low as feasible. I'd rather rub a tire or two to keep the mass as close to the ground as possible. Skid plates, rock sliders and a 2 door Rubicon = a modern mule.

OP
OP

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I could not agree more on keeping the center of gravity as low as feasible. I'd rather rub a tire or two to keep the mass as close to the ground as possible. Skid plates, rock sliders and a 2 door Rubicon = a modern mule.
Would you add any sort of lift when going to the 35’s?

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Would you add any sort of lift when going to the 35’s?
Nope. I believe the Rubicon’s raised fenders provide enough clearance for 34.5” or 35.0” tires on OE Rubicon wheels. The only lift I’m considering is cosmetic: a 1” spacer in the front to make up for the aftermarket bumper and 9.5k winch.
Sponsored