Sponsored

New 2.5" Teraflex ST2 installed, steering jumps left to right?

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I love your death wobble “blog”. Makes me wish I had started one for mine. Very similar experiences with how it progressed and showed back up. Like you, mine has come and gone. I really think there is an underlying issue like ball joints.

my most recent alignment with some toe out and re-balanced tires has me confidently running 80 mph again. It’s still there very slightly on big bumps so I’ll continue to look for the true cause.
I've seen you mention toe out in a few of these posts, do you mind sharing what measurement of toe out you're running?
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've seen you mention toe out in a few of these posts, do you mind sharing what measurement of toe out you're running?
Of course. So steer smarts strongly recommends 0.5 degrees. I have no idea what that is so I set to an 1/8” toe out. I was having issues. Took to a local shop and he adjusted out to about 1/4” and drives sooo much better. I think if you calculate 0.5 degrees on 37” tires it’s about 3/8” which now makes sense. Sounds like a lot but everyone has said is minor for 37s.