Sponsored

New 19 aux battery hasn't charged yet

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
It's a 19 that's been sitting on the lot for probably 6-7 months, I've only put around 200km on it so far, mostly 10-15min trips, should I bother taking it in since it means I don't have to hit the ESS disable button every time I start the Jeep and there's no codes being thrown?

Any issues if it never charges?
Sponsored

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
It won't charge in that time frame. Either drive longer or hook it up to a trickle charger.

OP
OP

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea how long of a drive it needs?

Not sure how much the battery tender from my bike would like a dual battery setup lol

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It's a 19 that's been sitting on the lot for probably 6-7 months, I've only put around 200km on it so far, mostly 10-15min trips, should I bother taking it in since it means I don't have to hit the ESS disable button every time I start the Jeep and there's no codes being thrown?

Any issues if it never charges?
If it were actually sitting completely empty on a lot for 6-7 month, there were already irreversible damage done to the battery cell walls that would prevent it from holding a full charge either way.

Should test the battery for its cca.

Sponsored

OP
OP

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If it were actually sitting completely empty on a lot for 6-7 month, there were already irreversible damage done to the battery cell walls that would prevent it from holding a full charge either way.

Should test the battery for its CCA.
I'm not sure if it was sitting sitting, it had about 75km on it when I took it for a test drive, but I'm sure those were all 10 minute test drive miles.

I'm off tomorrow, I'll throw my smart charger on it and see if it throws an error.

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
Mine took a few days to develop a full charge to enable the ESS. Just drive it and it will charge sufficiently.

OP
OP

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So update, checked charge after the Jeep sat all night and it was still sitting at 12.6v so I didn't bother throwing the charger on it.

Went for an hour drive last night on a long road where I could set the cruise around 45mph and it finally switched to ready, ESS activated 4 times on the way home and it was still "ready" when I parked in the driveway, actually it activated while I was putting it in park which was kind of annoying.
Sponsored