litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

If the 4xe was available in Punk'n Orange I would have been talking to dealers about trading my V6 JLUR on on.
Ditto if it was Mojito! Green.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The 4Xe isn’t a specialty model. It is the equivalent of 5.7 power and is actually cheaper than a comparably equipped vehicle if you include the tax credit.

if i was looking at a similarly equipped automatic i think it is the obvious choice. Gas mileage and all-electric miles are just a perk.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Eh. I telework and drive less than 20 miles daily. 4xe was perfect for my use case. Free charging at work, free charging at the gym.

Plus, I get the added bonus of parking in EV and “green” parking spots. So better parking.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
This has been debunked multitudes of time. Bulk emissions control is easier, and cleaner at large sources, and generation is much more efficient overall.
What about battery disposal/recycling as these hybrid and electric vehicles become much more common?

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
The 392 on the other hand, come on. We're all adults here. We know what problems that's a solution for.
Yep. It's all about Family Man not feeling like his life is over because he got a 4-door.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

What about battery disposal/recycling as these hybrid and electric vehicles become much more common?
As packs age, they can be repurposed for home or grid storage, where a few percent of storage loss is not critical. The entire chemistry and constituent elements can be recycled indefinitely, or until new chemistries replace them.

Neither of which you can do with fossil fuels.

EDIT: as packs age out, they can be replaced with newer, lighter, more energy dense packs that cost less.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
This has been debunked multitudes of time. Bulk emissions control is easier, and cleaner at large sources, and generation is much more efficient overall.
The destruction of the earth to gather the materials for the batteries and the proper disposal of said batteries also comes into play. That is a fact and not debunked.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We live in the age of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram: every time an automaker brings out another “special edition,” the word spreads like wildfire. Automakers would be fools not to capitalize on this.

Besides, we need to buy —or “lease”— the stuff we need to project the “perfect” online image. That’s precisely what channels like Trail Recon, et al, are for.

At the end of the day, the goal of car companies is to grow sales. It is a lot cheaper to take an existing popular model like Wrangler, and drop a diesel, a HEMI or a hybrid powertrain, than it is to develop an entirely new model from scratch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think I'll open therapy stands in places like Moab. Specializing in range anxiety and generator rentals.
The 4Xe runs on gas and has 370 miles of total range.

Good luck with your new venture.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
392 is by far the DUMBEST vehicle I have ever seen. I would NEVER buy one.

But.... call me when they offer it in a 2 door. 😉

Knowwhatimsaying?

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Yep, I agree you must be too old lol. Basically I'm getting a 392 because I want it and can afford to have it so it shall be.

If 0-60 in 4.5 sec or less in a 4 wheel drive with lockers, sway bar disconnect and factory warranty does not thrill you then I don't know how to explain it to you.

Jeep builds it because they will make a lot of money. I will by it because it is a factory V8 with massive power in a vehicle I enjoy and that we will never get again once they are gone. The window is closing on vehicles like this . No they are not practical but that's kind of the point when it comes to these. Basically it comes down to putting a 392 in a wrangler because you can.