Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
lol, he called it "high-test" gas. I thought the people who said that are all dead or not allowed to drive anymore. I wouldn't give much weight to his opinion on modern vehicles.
I wouldn't even leave that nitwit in charge of choosing what weedwacker string to buy.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
But Scotty says big cars with turbo gdi = 👎
I didn’t watch but the typical problem is intake valve deposits. If using the stop/start... that takes the excessive idling factor out and the 2.0 has a air/oil separator built into the valve cover just like the Alfa 2.0T. That’s gotta help. There’s also the new oil spec standard out fwiw.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Picked up my new Rubicon yesterday, I LOVE the 2.0 turbo and I have always believed there is no replacement for displacement. Unbelievable how this jeep runs. And no more problems with the last 3.6 jeeps I have had, I hope. Cant say enough good about the 2.0!
Just wait until you explore up around 10,000' elevation. Then you'll really be glad you got the 2.0t. The 3.6 people will defend their engine to no end but you'll obviously have more power than they do.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I'm in in the same boat and agree.
My past engines include a Chevy Blazer with a 350 4 barrel, Ford Thunderbird 3.8L V6, Jeep Wrangler 4.0 V6, Dodge Ram 4.8L V8, Nissan Titan 5.7L V8 and Accord 2.4L (long story). I was also from the "no replacement for displacement" camp. But I really love the 2.0L turbo. I was worried that it would have trouble with my JLUR, but it's more than keeping up and does a great job. It's amazing how much more powerful than my TJ. I also think a lot of credit needs to go to the 8 speed tranny too.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My YJ had a 2.5L engine that sometimes required shifting down just to ascend a mild road incline.

You lot don't know how good you have it. ;)

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The " new oil spec standard " is extremely important to adhere to, controlling blow- by is done with using the correct recommended oil, no second guessing or " any oil will do" mentality please.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
@Black Jeep Convertible
The engineers must have done something right in designing these new turbos in the JLs, because as evident by the lack of oil in oil catch cans, reported by many forum Jeepers who installed them, blowby is kept under control. So it should not carbon up like the old turbo gdi's mentioned by Scotty in the videos. If that doesn't set you at ease, you can also spend a few hundred to do a walnut blast of the intake valves in about 10 years time, if you kept it for this long anyways.

Also, he's a shill half the time, so I'd take his words with a grain of salt. The other half, he's stuck in the past reminiscing about the "good ol' times".

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The " new oil spec standard " is extremely important to adhere to, controlling blow- by is done with using the correct recommended oil, no second guessing or " any oil will do" mentality please.
The text on my oil fill cap includes "API SN Plus", whereas the language in the 2021 Owner's Manual is pretty prescriptive as it concerns specifying GF-6/API SP engine oil. I wouldn't have known about the latter had I not begun reading the manual prior to taking delivery of my 2.0T JLU.

The cap and manual do both also specify 5W-30 oil. What's interesting is that Blackstone identified the viscosity of the factory oil fill (a clean sample of which I had sent in for analysis) as 5W-20. Their report also mentioned that the presence of an oil catch can does not affect their analysis of the provided oil samples.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I really like the 2.0L also and it's returning around 25 mpg's as my daily driver. Of course mine is just a stock Sport.

johnnychemo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sport Altitude
Love reading this! I have a 2.0L on order, and 25mpg is better than I'm getting with my RAV!

Sponsored

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
I’m in the same camp. Never thought I’d go 4 cylinder and/or turbo in a Wrangler.
Salesman told me to take one out (JLU) for a test drive & I was mildly surprised at the peppy performance.
Love my 2-door 2.0T. This bad boy runs like a scolded jack rabbit! Could not be happier, once I mount my axleback, on order, lol. I will post my impressions on the appropriate engine/exhaust thread...
Cheers/B

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE /2021 F250 7.3L King Ranch FX4
I'm impressed by this little mighty engine. Thought I'd never consider a 4 cylinder.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Picked up my new Rubicon yesterday, I LOVE the 2.0 turbo and I have always believed there is no replacement for displacement. Unbelievable how this jeep runs. And no more problems with the last 3.6 jeeps I have had, I hope. Cant say enough good about the 2.0!

I test drove a pair of 2 dr Wranglers before buying, both 8 spd outos, one 3.6L the other 2.0T. Like you, I expected the larger displacement to be the one I'd want.

Not so.

That little 2.0 turbo is surprisingly quick and very responsive. Come to find out, it's used in Alfa Romeos and Maseratis. It's a little Italian jewel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCA_Global_Medium_Engine

Jhint77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I'm loving the 2.0t in my Jeep!
Sponsored