Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
View attachment 308522
You can get paint to match factory colors in a rattle can. It comes as a 3 part system, primer/basecoat/clearcoat.
I did 3 coats of each. [/GALLERY]

snorkel.jpg
Did you sand the plastic first? how about the existing black textures on the plastic? can you see that through the paint?

thinking of doing in myself, wondering about detail steps.
Sponsored

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Did you sand the plastic first? how about the existing black textures on the plastic? can you see that through the paint?

thinking of doing in myself, wondering about detail steps.
I scuffed it with 180 grit, (that's what I had), and cleaned it with a pre-paint degreaser before painting it. The "texture" is slightly visible up close, but not noticeable from 2 feet away.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
This is on my list of mods, but is there a problem with it when driving in the rain? (Specifically the low mount)

Also, looking at the instructions it appears that installing this would preclude a dual battery setup.

Any noticeable difference in performance?

Last edited:

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
That looks really nice for a snorkel, I also dig the hauk offroad, military style expedition snorkel. sorta has the hummer look to it and can add an extension easily if needed. If I had the money for a snorkel would a tough decision between the 2

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
@plex
I agree with the not-so-effective drain location. I installed it at the lowest point, then drilled 1/4" holes through the support webbing that is molded into the bottom of the air box. This allows the water to drain properly. I also extended the drain tube and mounted the valve behind the front bumper, problems solved.
That is a good idea, any pictures or parts list on the extension tube. Yeah I could figured out the parts myself, but feeling lazy today. :)

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
That is a good idea, any pictures or parts list on the extension tube. Yeah I could figured out the parts myself, but feeling lazy today. :)
No picture of the inside of the air box. I used a piece of 1/2" id hose I had laying around. I routed it down and out through the front metal pan just below the front bumper to the left of where I relocated my plate to.
drain.jpg

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have been looking at this, but just not a big fan of taking up space under the hood, especially where there is already really limited space. i have my Trigger Six Shooter system that will need to be relocated and not sure how this would play out if I ever went with the Genesis dual battery setup.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been looking at this, but just not a big fan of taking up space under the hood, especially where there is already really limited space. i have my Trigger Six Shooter system that will need to be relocated and not sure how this would play out if I ever went with the Genesis dual battery setup.
I have heard that it would conflict with a dual battery setup.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anybody who has mounted this let me know if the new cowl would be compatible with a cube light mount for the cowl? Thanks.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Can anybody who has mounted this let me know if the new cowl would be compatible with a cube light mount for the cowl? Thanks.
Not on the cowl itself. But I have a cube light mounted on a screw that holds the cowl in place with no problem (Tighter fit). The mount is from ACE, I like it as its just a longer screw on a stainless steel riser.

I have the riser on the snorkel right now, cube light still fits.

Cowl.jpg

EJA

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
IMG_2965.jpeg
Not on the cowl itself. But I have a cube light mounted on a screw that holds the cowl in place with no problem (Tighter fit). The mount is from ACE, I like it as its just a longer screw on a stainless steel riser.

I have the riser on the snorkel right now, cube light still fits.

Cowl.jpg
We have something in common :)

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
IMG_2965.jpeg

We have something in common :)
Sure do. I did't add the 2nd line as it was in my vision area. Want to order a new one (They are offering them on FB during the stay at home order) and put the smaller line at the bottom of the windshield, think it would work well there.

Good to see a fellow member here. :)

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 308522
You can get paint to match factory colors in a rattle can. It comes as a 3 part system, primer/basecoat/clearcoat.
I did 3 coats of each. [/GALLERY]

snorkel.jpg
Who makes the paint and where did you buy it from?
Great solution and thanks for sharing.
Sponsored