Sponsored

Negotiating for rims/tires

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
I currently have a 2010 Wrangler Sport 2 door. I bought it with a 2 inch lift kit and 295/70/18 tires on it (found the original receipts ). I'm playing around with getting a 2019 Jeep Sport 2 door, but it's really missing something without the big tires. I don't want to do a lift kit and huge tires as it screws up the handling. It was suggested that I go with the same size tires as the Rubicon. Has anyone ever negotiated changing the stock tires with Rubi ones? Sticker price is $38470, dealer is giving employee discounts, so cost is $35418. The cost for new tires and rims would run an extra $1600... which I don't have. I've never negotiated a car price as I always had a family member get me employee pricing. If the dealer would swap out the tires and keep the lower price I would buy it. Will dealerships even do that? Do I just flat out say that to the salesperson? What would be the best way to approach it? You all have way more experience than I do, any tips or advice would be way helpful.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I would just buy Rubicon take off. I sold my Rubicon take offs for 1300 dollars. I pulled the tires and wheels off at approx 92 miles. The wheels, tires and TPMS all for 1300. Sometime you can find them even for a little less if they have more miles on them.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people are getting 12%+ off MSRP or 6-8% off invoice. It looks like that price is roughly 8% off MSRP, so you could do substantially better.

Also, I agree with @wibornz. People are selling their Rubi takeoffs every single day on here. Also, check eBay, Facebook, and Craigslist. You will find a better deal.

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The dealer most likely isn't going to just "have" Rubicon wheels and tires laying around to swap over for you -- and if they have a Rubicon for sale on the lot, they surely won't take the original equipment items off and replace with lesser versions. You're better off finding take-offs or getting an additional $1000 discount to buy your own stuff.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
You can find the K02s set of 5 for around $700, then buy your desired wheel, or buy Rubicon wheels and tires with tpms, personally I do not like the Rubicon wheels look or offset

Sell the stock sport tires without wheels or as a complete set to recoup some money.

Even if they give you another $1000 off, that won't put money in your pocket.

Maybe negotiate some cash back in the deal to buy what you want.

so whatever the sales price of the vehicle, ask them to tack on $2000 and give you that as cash back
Sponsored