Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I need some help! I went through the Factor 55 website to figure out the recovery equipment I might need. Obviously, I've got a winch.

I'm in Texas now, moving to Colorado in a few years.

The list I came up with (and the order in which I was going to buy stuff) is below. I've got 4 hard shackles on my bumpers, and a winch. That's it.

Is there any of this that is unneeded?

Screenshot_20210217-175827.png
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I would shop around. A lot of that seems pretty expensive. Others may think it is fine. I got straps and things from various places for considerably cheaper. I don't intend to use this stuff a lot but there if I need it.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I shopped at a local rigging supply, and on-line. Prices vary widely. One thing I recommend is a locking hook for your winch, not just one with a sheet metal latch, Recreational suppliers often rate stuff by "breaking" strength but industrial suppliers rate with the industry standard safety factors, 3x or 4x usually. So, a 3330 lb. ratchet strap will become a 10,000 lb. ratchet strap to hold your Jeep to the trailer, for example.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Save your money on the bag. You can order a HD duffle bag in the 30”x12”x12” range and it’ll hold everything and likely more. I got mine for $34.

I went with the E Flatlink and guard you have there.

Watch videos (free) and go to seminars/field demonstrations with hands on experience.

I went with a 16’ Bubba Rope tree saver, a Deadman Offroad Kit (comes with 2 soft shackles too), the Factor 55 recovery ring and soft shackle you listed, a 30’ kinetic recovery rope (Bubba Rope), 2 Crosby certified shackles (via Factor 55 site), & an extra Bubba Rope soft shackle.

Your rigging is only as strong as the weakest rated piece.

Don’t forget a shovel and maybe even traction boards. Redundancy....

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Safe-Xtract makes good stuff.

AEV Snatch Block's I'll be recommending these to everyone from here on out. I didn't see these when I was buying, so I purchased Safe-Xtract and TRE versions, but these AEV's are awesome. Price is not ridiculous for an American made product with a good weight rating.
aev-snatch-block-2.jpg

But, though I do like these items above, I see nothing wrong with your list. I think the pricing on pretty much all offroad straps and ropes are a bit high, but it is what it is.

I've also not really made up my mind on hooks. I think they can be skipped with synthetic rope.

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I pulled the trigger on the Flatlink E. I'll add the other stuff as I go along, based on trips and travel opportunities. I.e., going to the beach I may need a Kinetic rope, etc.
Sponsored