Need to piece together a quality lift.

BrianJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I’m building my Jeep a little at a time as I can.
I currently have all 8 adjustable control arms and an adjustable front track bar. Also already on 35s.
I have a Saharaand have been looking at the MC 2.5” and the Rustys 3” kits.
My problem being that some include parts I already have but I don’t want to miss anything if I try ordering spring, shocks etc. separately.
The Jeep is my daily so I’d like some comfort but I also want something that will handle the trails here in the Carolinas.
Any suggestions on what my best bets would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m building my Jeep a little at a time as I can.
I currently have all 8 adjustable control arms and an adjustable front track bar. Also already on 35s.
I have a Saharaand have been looking at the MC 2.5” and the Rustys 3” kits.
My problem being that some include parts I already have but I don’t want to miss anything if I try ordering spring, shocks etc. separately.
The Jeep is my daily so I’d like some comfort but I also want something that will handle the trails here in the Carolinas.
Any suggestions on what my best bets would be appreciated.
What brand control arms and track bar ?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I’d call the manufacturers and talk to them about it. I bet they’d put a kit together for you.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
For the best ride quality, a set of tuned Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks would be my suggestion.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Core 4x4 tier 4
Here’s my .02 worth of what you need to complete your frankenlift

-Springs
-Shocks
-Rear track bar relo bracket or adjustable track bar
-longer or adjustable sway bar links
- depending on which springs you go with, whether or not they are side specific, if they’re not, then you’ll need some rear RK coil isolators the passengers side is a half inch taller.
-bump stop kit. this also depends on which springs you get, 2.5 or 3.5.

I don’t know if it exist or not but look for kits that have all or most of these items. You’ll have a solid lift that will work well on and off road.

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
I just ordered the CORE 4x4 complete Tier 4 kit with 8 arms and both track bars as well... I have a Readylift 2.5" spacer lift and will do the same soon, replace the springs and shocks later and upgrade to 3.5" of lift. I'm looking at Fox shocks and probably RK springs and adjustable sway bar links. Let me know which way you go.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m doing the exact same thing and have the same questions. I have all 8 Core 4x4 Tier 4 arms sitting on my work bench. The Jeep currently has a 2.5” RC spacer lift but I plan to order 3.5” RK springs, leaning towards Fox shocks, and then I need bump stops and sway bar links. I also already have the Steer Smarts Yeti front track bar and RK rear track bar bracket.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the CORE 4x4 complete Tier 4 kit with 8 arms and both track bars as well... I have a Readylift 2.5" spacer lift and will do the same soon, replace the springs and shocks later and upgrade to 3.5" of lift. I'm looking at Fox shocks and probably RK springs and adjustable sway bar links. Let me know which way you go.
I’m doing the exact same thing and have the same questions. I have all 8 Core 4x4 Tier 4 arms sitting on my work bench. The Jeep currently has a 2.5” RC spacer lift but I plan to order 3.5” RK springs, leaning towards Fox shocks, and then I need bump stops and sway bar links. I also already have the Steer Smarts Yeti front track bar and RK rear track bar bracket.
Hey guys, Keep in mind that the RK springs are not side specific like the factory springs. They are the same height side to side so you’ll need to pick up the RK rear coil isolators, the passenger side is 1/2” taller to help with the passenger lean due to the fuel tank weight. I think ( please verify ) the diesel is the exception, it’s weight is more equally distributed.......just a heads up in case you were unaware........ ✌

Sponsored

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well I pulled the trigger last night and ordered Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks from Accutune, and a set of 3.5” Rock Krawler springs plus their No Limits sway bar links and bump stop kit. I already have all 8 Core 4x4 Tier 4 adjustable control arms, plus the Steer Smarts front Track Bar and RK rear track bar bracket. Yes it’s a frankenlift but it’s all top quality components and should ride great and handle trails just fine.

OP
OP
BrianJLU

BrianJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Well I pulled the trigger last night and ordered Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks from Accutune, and a set of 3.5” Rock Krawler springs plus their No Limits sway bar links and bump stop kit. I already have all 8 Core 4x4 Tier 4 adjustable control arms, plus the Steer Smarts front Track Bar and RK rear track bar bracket. Yes it’s a frankenlift but it’s all top quality components and should ride great and handle trails just fine.
Be sure to post how it turns out.
More and more I think I’m going to get all Metalcloak components and match them with my Core control arms.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Be sure to post how it turns out.
More and more I think I’m going to get all Metalcloak components and match them with my Core control arms.
They said it will be about 1-2 weeks until the shocks ship, but I’ll definitely post an update once I get everything installed.

What made you decide to go with Metalcloak?
Sponsored