First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
I have had two EVIC gremlins happen in a week and half time frame. I went to the store about week and 1/2 ago and when i got in jeep to come home I noticed the EVIC was black not even 4wheel drive indicator lite up. Get home turn it off open door to kill all power turn back on nothing. Well shit. Unload groceries and recheck and it worked cool just a glitch in the matrix which pill to take. Anyways today same thing same store same everything. Only thing that has changed with all this is weather has gotten colder. I'm think batteries are starting to give up they are the factory ones from 2018. All the battery threads I've read have weird electrical gremlins. I have checked the evic screen and battery voltage is 14.3-14.4. Haven't had them load tested yet that might be my next step.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s possible. Also possible that it’s a bad cluster, or a large number of other things.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
What you are looking at is the voltage that your alternator is putting out. Pull your Battery, and have it load tested. It will probably tell you, than a new Battery is needed.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
When my batteries were crapping out, I noticed the charging voltage was often over 14v. Usually in the low to mid 13v range before they gave out, and after replacing them. I’d start with load testing.

Come to think of it - no I wouldn’t. I’d just bite the bullet and replace them. It seems that factory batteries don’t last like they used to. If they aren’t junk now, it’s likely that they will be soon.
Sponsored