Sponsored

need suggestions (economical)

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
I have a 2020 JLU Sport S with UConnect 4 (7 inch) and no sub-woofer. I recently added rockville 400w underseat sub. It comes with a bass control knob, I keep the bass pwr level at 20%. If turn it up anything higher, bass is distorted and all speakers sounds like crap. I have $1k to spend on improving my audio setup.

If have not already figured out, I am an audiophile but no nothing about the technical aspects. I love listening to songs on my bose headset and Harmon Kardon Studion Onyx, This is the best I can explain how I want my audio setup to be, if that makes any sense.
Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
In order to assess better, we'd need your amp model cause if it comes in mono or 4 outs or 5 outs makes all the difference in how to set-up, from what your saying it sounds like your amps is pushing all your speakers so we'd need to know how you hooked it up, pictures would be great.

I'll add that if your pushing your sub output to your speakers then that would explain the distortion from too muchlow level frequencies hitting your speakers normally made tuo run mids of high frequencies. so once again, need to know how you hooked it up first.

and could be as simple as "your not filtering the low frequencies" from your amp so your overwhelming your speakers because low frequencies are usually made to run on subwoofer.

if you bought a mono amp normally made to run a sub, that could be an issue as well. lots of unknowns right now, once the group knows more on how your set-up and what you have then it'll be easier to help.