Need some help with TPMS

Malik

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
So I bought wheels and tires while I was waiting for my Jeep to be built. I bought aftermarket sensors so that the wheels would be ready to bolt on as soon as I got it. Well one works and the other three dont read. Discount tire used there little sensor box and they all show to be reading and compatible. Dumb question but could they have installed them wrong, do you have to turn them on or anything when you put them in the wheels?? Thanks for any advise.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I doubt they were mounted wrong and no you don’t turn them on. Plenty of issues documented here unless using OEM brand Schrader 20398 model. It is an issue with frequency strength. Drive removing the spare tire. Store it no where near the rest and go drive around. The spare seems to also be messing up the programming.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I went thru the same issue months ago, first set of sensors read the pressures but the idiot light never went out so the vendor supplied another set which took several hours to sync up abut after the first sync they seem to all work very well.

Both sets were read with the tire sensor reader but the JL never picked up for some reason on the first set
Sponsored