Sponsored

Need some help on removing the right rear cargo panel to get to the subwoffer.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wanting to pack the subwoofer with some poli-fill to get a deeper base sound out of the speaker. I did this in my F-150, and it really improved the sound from the entire system. However, I don't want to go into it in the blind, and screw something up removing the panel. If anyone has removed that panel, or anything like it in their Jeep your help in where to start will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I'm wanting to pack the subwoofer with some poli-fill to get a deeper base sound out of the speaker. I did this in my F-150, and it really improved the sound from the entire system. However, I don't want to go into it in the blind, and screw something up removing the panel. If anyone has removed that panel, or anything like it in their Jeep your help will be greatly appreciated.
Actually just did it today.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
This might help. It’s a full CB install and the cable routing goes down the passenger side and this shows taking things apart, which includes the panel where the sub is.

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
@Ctaylor1432, do you have any pointers as to where I should start? I don't want to screw anything up if I can help.
Wasn’t to hard really. There is a screw on the back side that holds the sub in. Also where the seatbelt goes in there is a piece of trim that holds two different pieces of the panel together. There is one screw on the upper front side of the panel that needs to be removed and then it’s just pull hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Scott, and thank you Chris. Seems easy enough. Just get a screw driver, and my trim tools out. Sounds like a one beer job to me. :)

The forum is great. If you need help, all one has to do ask.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
This will help for the same reason and to install the trailer tow harness at the same time.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How much are yall putting in the enclosure? I will be putting on my trailer harness this weekend only had it 10 months and while apart wanted to do the poly fill as well.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How much are yall putting in the enclosure? I will be putting on my trailer harness this weekend only had it 10 months and while apart wanted to do the poly fill as well.
Rusty, don't pack in there tight, and leave a bit of space around the speaker. It will make a world of difference. I've been quite lax, and haven't done mine yet. I bought a '92 project truck, and that's had nearly all of my attention lately.

BTW, I did install the Hot Head head liner in the Jeep. Surprisingly that helped the sound from the sub woofer. I guess it works as a sound absorber, and gives the bass a bit deeper sound.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Wanted33 thank you for the reply and yes with the hard top on sounds much better than the softtop. I am trying to get it back to hard top sound, I know it wont be as good but really lost a lot of sound with the soft top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@Wanted33 thank you for the reply and yes with the hard top on sounds much better than the softtop. I am trying to get it back to hard top sound, I know it wont be as good but really lost a lot of sound with the soft top.
It never crossed my mind that there is a difference in the sound depending on which top you have installed. It does make sense though. The poli-fill will make a ton of difference for you.

jsmn_jl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I removed the panel mentioned here today and managed to snap two of the plastic "studs" that go in the metal clips. Any advise on how to repair them?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I removed the panel mentioned here today and managed to snap two of the plastic "studs" that go in the metal clips. Any advise on how to repair them?
Dang hate that time to buy a new jeep!!! No actually a buddy did the same thing and just reinstalled like normal and has had no rattling or noise.
Sponsored