Need review..... tailgate tables...the cheap ones

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
So, I think the fold down tailgate table would be nice to have. Place to eat a lunch, hold a drink, extra spot for food, prep, etc when tailgating. You get the idea. I don't think it is worth $200. I do think it is worth $85 or so...

So who has a cheap one from Amazon? Do you like it? Does it install easily? Does it rattle? Does it fall off while having a couple drinks on it? Please, talk me into it, or talk me out of it!!
Sponsored

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So, I think the fold down tailgate table would be nice to have. Place to eat a lunch, hold a drink, extra spot for food, prep, etc when tailgating. You get the idea. I don't think it is worth $200. I do think it is worth $85 or so...

So who has a cheap one from Amazon? Do you like it? Does it install easily? Does it rattle? Does it fall off while having a couple drinks on it? Please, talk me into it, or talk me out of it!!
I bought a cheap one off eBay. The bolts and spacers were pretty garbage and not to spec of the mopar ones(watched a few install vids on YouTube.) The cables that support the table broke immediately. I made my own as replacements. I’ve made this damn table work but honestly if I knew what I know now I’d just get the mopar one.

Last edited:

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Keep your eye on eBay. I got my mopar one for $160 and right after I purchased it, I saw some for $125. Mopar one is solid, no rattling and no issues so far, been about 8 months or so. Not as fancy as some more expensive ones, but does the same exact thing. Really it's just to be fancy, if I didn't have it, I would find another place to do whatever I would on the table.
0BDA8B87-F45B-4DE2-ABAF-B25891FB21FB.jpeg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

$85? Bought one from amazon for $63 on prime day, will let you know how it goes..

F36A26AA-84B6-48BC-BF91-ADDC0FADD8C8.jpeg

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this one off Amazon for somewhere around $100 or so, maybe less. It’s a knock off and was a bit of work to install, but all the parts were included just terrible instructions. I watched the Mopar install video from Extreme Terrain and got it done. The thing is very solid, doesn’t rattle at all and provides much better molle support. The only negative are the cables. If you get one (I think they’re all similar), re-crimp them before installing. Mine popped out of the barrel and were impossible to get back in. I bought some new hardware and cables from Lowes, and it’s good. This one is Heqiang and looks out of stock, but I wouldn’t hesitate to get one of the others. Really is solid and well built, cables aside.

C49AB61F-ABC6-447C-AA24-35E2081C1328.jpeg

6367B092-ADBF-400A-8650-0A166D6D9741.jpeg
Sponsored