Sponsored

Need opinions on water leak and electrical damadge?

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
I got my JLUR in march of 2018. I had had no problems until december of 2018, or so I thought. We had some really hard rains and one day I got into jeep and found a couple inches of water on passenger side floor. The water level was 2 inches above my floor mat, a lot of water. Pulled mats out of jeep and wet vac'd it all up and parked jeep in garage until appointment. at the same time the door locks and door open sensor was giving sporadic errors. This was the first real big rain we had had since I bought it. so I setup appointment at jeep dealership,
which unfortunately was 2 week later (early jan 2019) . they had the jeep for two weeks and kept patching and finding more leaks as per texts I received. They also said the water was getting into the wiring/fuses in the side interior behind plastic peices. finally called and said it was all coming from below the A pillar on passenger side and it was fixed. picked up jeep and went home and put it under my sprinkler for 3 hours. checked next day and about 1/2-1 inch of water passenger side floor. called jeep made another appointment, again they would not look at it until much later, late feb.
jeep goes in this time for 2 weeks 4 days. lots of texts saying they found a leak and repaired, then testing again. picked it up yesterday and now going to leak test it with sprinkler again. my concern is it looks like this was leaking for almost 7 months before we had enough rain to make enough water leak into floor mat area that the problem was noticed , and on top of that the electrical shorting out with the water leak. So knowing that water and electronics dont go together well, and once water gets into electrical stuff the problems are always going to get worse over time. Ie in 4 years I may regret not pushing for a buy back? so if I dont see any more leaking should I assume its going ok? should I ask for some kind of crazy warranty? it has been in shop now twice for same issue for over 4 weeks (thats lemon law limit for my state).
I also have asked around and one chvy owner and one dode truck owner both told me the yhad water leak and one guy got buy back, other replaced truck? I dont wnat to have to hassle with either option, but also have to protect myself.
any help would be appreciated?

Also their fix was to use a chrysler body sealer and some foam (not sure what that was). I have pics of the sealer and its all over the place behind the panel below A pillar. does this sound like a good fix? should I contact a body shop and see if they think that is a good fix?

also I have been told to contact my insurance company and tell them about the leak and electrical issues? some are telling me the insurance company may not insure it?
Sponsored