Need Opinions on Tire Purchase

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I know I'm opening this up for all kinds of answers. Right now I have 35's on my Wrangler, and I'm moving up to 37's with beadlocks. I'm running Nitto Ridge Grapplers right now, but thinking I want something different. I off-road about 1-2 times a month sometimes less so a super soft tread is not necessary, plus this is my daily driver. I'm thinking about the Cooper SST Pros, or something like that. I'm not a fan of Toyo tires. Don't ask why, I'm just not. Yes, I know they own Nitto or visa versa. So, I want as best of grip off-road as possible, but something that will wear well. I do rotate every 6,000 miles. Just want to hear opinions. Oh, and I've opted out of Milestar tires also. If you think I should stick with the Ridge Grappler then say so. Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
A few recent tires I have experience with is
BFG KM3
BFG KO2
Cooper STT Pro
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T

The order in best comfort and least road noise is
KO2
KM3
Baja Boss
STT Pro

The best on highway wet traction is
(This is really ability not to hydroplane in deep rain because I have never slipped or skid with any of these tires in the notorious FL rain)
STT Pro
Baja Boss
KM3
KO2

The best Offroad will be too subjective depending on your setup and terrain type.

All of these tires are at the very top of the current Offroad tire game in my opinion.
These are all excellent in noise, wet pavement, comfort, and Offroad ability in there own field.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
A few recent tires I have experience with is
BFG KM3
BFG KO2
Cooper STT Pro
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T

The order in best comfort and least road noise is
KO2
KM3
Baja Boss
STT Pro

The best on highway wet traction is
(This is really ability not to hydroplane in deep rain because I have never slipped or skid with any of these tires in the notorious FL rain)
STT Pro
Baja Boss
KM3
KO2

The best Offroad will be too subjective depending on your setup and terrain type.

All of these tires are at the very top of the current Offroad tire game in my opinion.
These are all excellent in noise, wet pavement, comfort, and Offroad ability in there own field.
Great 4 choices I'd say ^^^
Here's a list of 37s on simpletire. Read good reviews on the Maxxis Razr MT, Yokohama Geolander MT, and Cooper ST Max as well as the 4 tires above. There's a few on the site that run the Kanati Trail Hog, being a newer tire there's not much data on them yet though. Most Cooper & Mickey Thompson tires are solid choices depending what type 4 wheeling you do.
https://simpletire.com/tire-sizes/37-12.50r17?skipGroups=true
Sponsored