Sponsored

Need Opinions...New Willy's Firestone Tires, Maybe a defect?

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Build Thread
Link
Hey Group, This is my first post and I'm happy to be part of the group.

I have a brand new Willy with the Firestone Destination MT2 tires and there seems to be some bleed through on the sidewall. It wasn't noticeable when purchased and is not noticeable with tire shine on them.

It seems to be getting worse, has anyone else seen or experienced this?

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2324.jpeg
Sponsored

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Boy is that odd looking. Is it the brown you are talking about? Last week I ordered a Willys with that same combo of wheels/tires.
I'd take it to a Firestone dealer first if you have one near and ask them. If they say something is odd then you can go back to the dealer and pitch a bitch with some ammunition. Do all four look the same? Good luck!

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Hey Group, This is my first post and I'm happy to be part of the group.

I have a brand new Willy with the Firestone Destination MT2 tires and there seems to be some bleed through on the sidewall. It wasn't noticeable when purchased and is not noticeable with tire shine on them.

It seems to be getting worse, has anyone else seen or experienced this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Need Opinions...New Willy's Firestone Tires, Maybe a defect? IMG_2324

Jeep Wrangler JL Need Opinions...New Willy's Firestone Tires, Maybe a defect? IMG_2324
send fotos to firestone see what they say
then i would give them a good scrub and clean

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
when were these tires mounted? Could the mounting have to do with them not showing up on the gauge. Were they mounted without sensors?

OP
OP
jjeep79

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Boy is that odd looking. Is it the brown you are talking about? Last week I ordered a Willys with that same combo of wheels/tires.
I'd take it to a Firestone dealer first if you have one near and ask them. If they say something is odd then you can go back to the dealer and pitch a bitch with some ammunition. Do all four look the same? Good luck!

Yes, all 5 are the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjeep79

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
when were these tires mounted? Could the mounting have to do with them not showing up on the gauge. Were they mounted without sensors?

Not sure where they were mounted. Jeep is brand new off the showroom floor.

OP
OP
jjeep79

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
send fotos to firestone see what they say
then i would give them a good scrub and clean

This is what they look like after a good scrub and cleaning off all the tire wet the dealer put on. I sent a message to Firestone.

OP
OP
jjeep79

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If you run your finger across the sidewall you can feel it dip down where the white band seems to be showing though.

Have you seen you this before @JeepCares

Last edited:

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
This is what they look like after a good scrub and cleaning off all the tire wet the dealer put on. I sent a message to Firestone.
thats reallllllly crazy , send a note to firestone as well as dealer thats not normal , and could also be dangerous if u can feel a change in the tire

OP
OP
jjeep79

jjeep79

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
thats reallllllly crazy , send a note to firestone as well as dealer thats not normal , and could also be dangerous if u can feel a change in the tire
Firestone/Bridgestone told me to have my dealer call them directly. I plan on stopping by this week.

I was hoping to bring a little bit more information before I did though, I can't be the only one...

Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Ours still has a bit of tire shine but I noticed this week that the outer diameter of the sidewall and tread faces seemed a bit more brown (not nearly the color in your photos). I thought it was soil but they do look similar to yours. Its dark now but I'll look tomorrow and wipe them to see if its the rubber or soil on the surface of the rubber.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
OK, curiosity got the better of me. I went out and by flashlight examined the tires. Mine definitely look like yours. The center of the side wall (where the lettering is molded) has the same distinct circumferential lines as yours. My tires are dirty and need cleaning but do not appear to be as brown as yours.

I found the following after a quick search: tire blooming -- do you think this could be the culprit?

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
OK, curiosity got the better of me. I went out and by flashlight examined the tires. Mine definitely look like yours. The center of the side wall (where the lettering is molded) has the same distinct circumferential lines as yours. My tires are dirty and need cleaning but do not appear to be as brown as yours.

I found the following after a quick search: tire blooming -- do you think this could be the culprit?
Great find but damn that sucks. Just gotta try our best to keep it at a minimum I guess.