Sponsored

Need Opinion. I ordered and negotiated on a price of a fully loaded JLUR and it was missing an item

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,
Here is the skinny on my dilemma. I ordered a new 2019 4 Door Rubicon after the dealer enticed me with one that was already sold on the lot. We agreed to order a new one with a matching window sticker minus the dual tops and tail gate reinforcement bracket of an out the door price of $57K. They plugged everything in with the two items removed without realizing they also didn't add the polished lip wheel upgrade for $995. We agreed on the price out the door and place the order. I believe it was an honest mistake, but they now want to charge me $995 or more since they have to order them through the parts department Keep in mind, after realizing I had to hand over $57K for a new vehicle, I was in contact with the internet sales rep., the sales manager and my salesman immediately within the 2 days of order after leaving the dealership. I was a bit paranoid and wanted to sure the one ordered is the exactly the same as the one I saw on the lot minus the two items. They assured me it was. I believe we all agreed on an out the door price minus the two items. Unfortunately, they were looking at their cost of minus 3 items and it was their mistake. Now the the order is in KZ status awaiting delivery and I was able to see the window sticker and notice the discrepancy. . Was I wrong to ask they reduce the amount due at delivery by $995 or have them order the wheels and install them prior to pickup at their cost?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,
Here is the skinny on my dilemma. I ordered a new 2019 4 Door Rubicon after the dealer enticed me with one that was an already sold one on the lot. We agreed to order a new one with a matching window sticker minus the dual tops and tail gate reinforcement bracket of an out the door price of $57K. They plugged everything in with the two items removed without realizing they also didn't add the polished lip wheel upgrade for $995. We all agree on the price out the door and place the order. I believe it was an honest mistake, but they now want to charge me $995 or more since they have to order them through the parts department Keep in mind, after realizing I had to hand over $57K for a new vehicle, I was in contact with the internet sales rep., the sales manager and my salesman immediately and within the 2 days of order after leaving the dealership. I was a bit paranoid and wanted to sure the one ordered is the exactly the same as the one I saw on the lot minus the two items. They assured me it was. I believe we all agreed on an out the door price minus the two items. Unfortunately, they were looking at a cost of minus 3 items and it was their mistake. Now the the order is in KZ status awaiting delivery and I was able to see the window sticker and notice the discrepancy. . Was I wrong to ask they reduce the amount due at delivery by $995 or have them order the wheels and install them prior to pickup at their cost?
So my question would be were the polished lip wheels negotiated into the $57k sales price? If so, Iā€™d refuse.
In my opinion, thatā€™s a good teachable moment for the sales manager to gather his staff and give them the ā€œattention to detail, or itā€™s coming out of your commission speechā€.

At Loweā€™s if a dude sells me a drill $50 cheaper than he should have, heā€™s not going to call after I walk out the door. Deal is a deal. Words mean things. Mistakes have consequences.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. That's what I was trying to relay to the salesman. I even provided an alternative that if I wanted the exact same vehicle plus another option and agreed to a slightly higher price than the one that was sold to find out they didn't add the option to the order when built would they still ask me to pay the higher price? I think I made some headway. We'll see tomorrow....

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, The original window sticker on the sold Rubicon on the lot had the polished lip wheel option.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If money hasnā€™t been exchanged, they donā€™t ā€œoweā€ you anything. Even though itā€™s their mistake (as you describe it) you donā€™t have any leverage except to walk away from the deal if they wonā€™t budge. Maybe try for some sort of compromise? Swap upgrade wheels from one on the lot for your wheels and pay half the cost? Worst case, buy a set of inexpensive new takeoff upgrade wheels from someone selling and sell yours. Or use it as an excuse to buy aftermarket wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. The one on the lot was sold and picked up the day I left. I may consider walking away. It wont matter to them, they would be able to sell my loaded JLUR. Maybe not at $57K though.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Wheels are the reason I joined. Please take this with a grain of salt, I just placed my order a few days ago. In reviewing the site I didn't like the polished wheels and wanted to ensure I got the standard wheel. On the site the sales code is WFK standard and WLD for the polished lip upgrade however I am told in the system when we ordered there was only one option WGM which I see on my build sheet received moments ago. Possibly the polished wheel is no longer available, I am trying to find pictures of the WGM wheel on the build sheet with no luck.

Twinjayhawks

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Sorry to disagree... but it is just as much of your responsibility to check the order as it is theirs. When I ordered mine I had to sign that I approved the order as stated. Mistakes are made. If something was left off you should pay for it unless you received in writing it was to be included.

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
57K? you paid too much, just being honest.
use the grand they want for the wheels on after market ones.
Or walk away and find another jeep cheaper. They are out there.

I got my fully loaded JLUR, minus soft top and painted fenders/top (we didn't want those) with tail gate reinforcement and steel bumpers (which we have now removed) for 50K.
Still think I could have worked a better deal on it.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Order from Criswell or Ourismon in Maryland and you can get what you want and save thousands.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I am not in MD but if I was I would be buying from Adam's in Aberdeen :)
I also am not from Maryland. I live in NY. When my Jeep came in I took a bus to Maryland, where they picked my wife and I up from the bus station. And drove us to the dealership. I couldnā€™t get any deal anywhere close to what I paid from them. And I donā€™t see having to driving my brand new Jeep for hours to get home a downside.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I also am not from Maryland. I live in NY. When my Jeep came in I took a bus to Maryland, where they picked my wife and I up from the bus station. And drove us to the dealership. I couldnā€™t get any deal anywhere close to what I paid from them. And I donā€™t see having to driving my brand new Jeep for hours to get home a downside.
Interesting, thanks for sharing! Just found this forum and settling in.

smores

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
57K? you paid too much, just being honest.
use the grand they want for the wheels on after market ones.
Or walk away and find another jeep cheaper. They are out there.

I got my fully loaded JLUR, minus soft top and painted fenders/top (we didn't want those) with tail gate reinforcement and steel bumpers (which we have now removed) for 50K.
Still think I could have worked a better deal on it.
He said 57k including tax and fees, not sale price

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
He said 57k including tax and fees, not sale price

Cancel the order. Build the exact same vehicle with Criswell and hop a bus/train to go get it. When you start really optioning out these vehicles- getting 8% off each invoiced item really adds up.

You will save thousands and have a flawless experience. My factory order to arriving at Criswell was 9 days. yes 9 days.
Sponsored