Sponsored

Need newbie lift kit advice

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SG Jeep Wrangler JLU sport 2019
Hello Jl wrangler forum, first post, brand new jeep, glad to have a huge and helpful community. I’m in the process of looking at lift kits and have narrowed my selection down to a 2inch aev spacer lift, (debating whether its worth adding geo correction brackets), and my main concern is that everyone I have spoken to has all confirmed that the only lift kit retaining the 60000/6yr drivetrain warranty is the mopar 2inch lift. After seeing numerous reviews/pics I’m not willing to spend that much for that lift when all I want is just a true 2inch spacer lift to throw some 33’s on. My question, is it worth it to risk losing the warranty when in actuality I may never need it, being this is a DD that may see some flooding/snow/dirt roads. Any advice is helpful ty!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Jl wrangler forum, first post, brand new jeep, glad to have a huge and helpful community. I’m in the process of looking at lift kits and have narrowed my selection down to a 2inch aev spacer lift, (debating whether its worth adding geo correction brackets), and my main concern is that everyone I have spoken to has all confirmed that the only lift kit retaining the 60000/6yr drivetrain warranty is the mopar 2inch lift. After seeing numerous reviews/pics I’m not willing to spend that much for that lift when all I want is just a true 2inch spacer lift to throw some 33’s on. My question, is it worth it to risk losing the warranty when in actuality I may never need it, being this is a DD that may see some flooding/snow/dirt roads. Any advice is helpful ty!
If you’re keeping the same shocks and springs,
99% of dealerships won’t even notice it’s lifted. I wouldn’t worry over it....:)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The people saying a lift will void your warranty are probably the ones who bought the garbage mopar lift. You're likely going to need to add parts to your AEV lift to get it to drive properly.

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My dealership noticed I had a spacer lift and wouldn't perform warranty suspension work. Having said that, a spacer lift only takes a few hours to put on and off by yourself. In the off chance you were to need expensive warranty work, you could always pop it off before you head to the dealer.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My dealership noticed I had a spacer lift and wouldn't perform warranty suspension work. Having said that, a spacer lift only takes a few hours to put on and off by yourself. In the off chance you were to need expensive warranty work, you could always pop it off before you head to the dealer.
What warranty work did you need on your suspension?

Sponsored

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
What warranty work did you need on your suspension?
Well it was back when I was trying to get them to fix my shitty steering, so I guess not exactly suspension work. I had been into the dealership before when my Jeep was completely stock to complain about the steering and they gave me an "alignment." A few months later I went back in to try and get a computer update or new a steering damper (I had a budget lift on at this point). The steering was no worse than before, it still sucked the same. They said the lift was causing the poor steering and they wouldn't work on it.

Since then I have put a full lift on and tweaked the steering myself and my steering has improved. Not the best, but better.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Your warranty won’t be voided by a spacer lift. It’s all just a ploy to make you buy the Mopar kit. Which isn’t garbage by any stretch. It has decent springs, great shocks, lower control arms and bumpstops with longer sway links. It’s works terrific on 99% of Jeeps it’s installed on. There will always be examples of poor installs and defective parts. Just like on this forum where you see lots of complaints about their JLs, there are so many more that are perfect.

Any spacer lift will do. It’s a metal spacer. Don’t over pay for that. AEV makes good OEM quality parts but it’s still a spacer. Figure out what you’re going to do with your Jeep and make an informed decision. MetalCloak, Synergy and RK are high quality kits that you will pay for. There’s a reason why they are expensive. Just like the Jeep you bought.

One nice thing about the AEV lift though, is the snap controller that comes in the kit.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well it was back when I was trying to get them to fix my shitty steering, so I guess not exactly suspension work. I had been into the dealership before when my Jeep was completely stock to complain about the steering and they gave me an "alignment." A few months later I went back in to try and get a computer update or new a steering damper (I had a budget lift on at this point). The steering was no worse than before, it still sucked the same. They said the lift was causing the poor steering and they wouldn't work on it.

Since then I have put a full lift on and tweaked the steering myself and my steering has improved. Not the best, but better.
Well to that I would politely ask them to prove that the lift was causing the steering issues and point them to the hundreds of stock Jls with steering issues. Next step would be to find a new dealer.

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback people! I’m gonna go ahead and install the spacer, I called AEV’s service department and a tech assured me that a spacer and their other lifts do not affect drivetrain and shouldn’t void warranty, so if worst came to worst it would probably just be me fighting with the dealership to prove they're wrong if they want to argue that a spacer kit caused any damage. Also AEV recommended the geo correction brackets so im gonna pair it with that too, hopefully will have some pics soon. Gonna be the 2inch spacer with rubi take-off wheels/tires :like:

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Sure would appreciate before, during and after pics of the lift!

I have a Rubicon but I'm seriously considering the AEV spacer lift, so that I can retain the stock ride.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure would appreciate before, during and after pics of the lift!

I have a Rubicon but I'm seriously considering the AEV spacer lift, so that I can retain the stock ride.
I’m definitely going to make a new thread just to post that, keep an eye out, still waiting on wheels/tires to ship so probably wont be all set until another 2 weeks or so

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum) did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact the necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift? Thanks in advance!

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum) did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact the necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift? Thanks in advance!
That’s for their recommended tire sizes. I don’t run spacers at all. With 37s and factory wheels.
A few turns to the steering stops takes care of any rubbing. You won’t even notice. I do it mostly to keep my tires under the flares. I hate the slop that gets thrown up the doors in the winter here.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s for their recommended tire sizes. I don’t run spacers at all. With 37s and factory wheels.
A few turns to the steering stops takes care of any rubbing. You won’t even notice. I do it mostly to keep my tires under the flares. I hate the slop that gets thrown up the doors in the winter here.
That’s why I like the OE wheels, nice & tight. What about these? Do you think they’re necessary for 2” spacer lift?
AEV NJL20400AA Geometry Correction Brackets

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I like the OE wheels, nice & tight. What about these? Do you think they’re necessary for 2” spacer lift?
AEV NJL20400AA Geometry Correction Brackets
I don’t think they’re really necessary, but they will help. If it were me, I would try the lift with out them and see how it drives. Some Jeeps react in different ways and 2” is not very much lift.
Sponsored