Sponsored

Need newbie lift kit advice

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think they’re really necessary, but they will help. If it were me, I would try the lift with out them and see how it drives. Some Jeeps react in different ways and 2” is not very much lift.
Thank you, great advice
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That’s why I like the OE wheels, nice & tight. What about these? Do you think they’re necessary for 2” spacer lift?
AEV NJL20400AA Geometry Correction Brackets
A lot also depends on where your caster is at before the lift. If you're already on the low side then control arms/brackets will make a bigger difference.

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Thanks for the feedback people! I’m gonna go ahead and install the spacer, I called AEV’s service department and a tech assured me that a spacer and their other lifts do not affect drivetrain and shouldn’t void warranty, so if worst came to worst it would probably just be me fighting with the dealership to prove they're wrong if they want to argue that a spacer kit caused any damage. Also AEV recommended the geo correction brackets so im gonna pair it with that too, hopefully will have some pics soon. Gonna be the 2inch spacer with rubi take-off wheels/tires :like:
Have you thought about Rubi take off springs & shocks.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
There are a few threads on here where folks are buying Rubicon take off suspension adding a .5" teraflex spacer and really enjoying it. This is what I plan on doing. You can find Rubi take offs all over craiglist and even in the "market" forum. Its cheap (about $200 for everything) and nets you about 1.5" inches. The only none OEM part is the .5" spacer but with it being so minimal I have no idea how a dealer can claim they would cause issues and void your warranty.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it was back when I was trying to get them to fix my shitty steering, so I guess not exactly suspension work. I had been into the dealership before when my Jeep was completely stock to complain about the steering and they gave me an "alignment." A few months later I went back in to try and get a computer update or new a steering damper (I had a budget lift on at this point). The steering was no worse than before, it still sucked the same. They said the lift was causing the poor steering and they wouldn't work on it.

Since then I have put a full lift on and tweaked the steering myself and my steering has improved. Not the best, but better.
That's odd. I was reading through my Mopar MaxCare warranty and if I understand it correctly, it states that any lift under 4" will not void the warranty. Which I was surprised to see. I thought it would say something more like "any lift at all" or "any lift over 2". Below is cut out from the "Not Covered" section of the MaxCare Mopar warranty with regard to lift kits.

liftmopar.PNG

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like $400 for the AEV kit. This kit is less then $200. https://www.morris4x4center.com/tuf...MI78Ca1PHu5QIVCZ2zCh00pwYoEAQYAiABEgJ2I_D_BwE

if you're goal is larger tires.........getting the cheaper kit and getting 2" longer shocks will be close to the same price and the better shocks will be an improvement to handle the bigger heavier tire better. i have the cheaper kit and upgraded shocks and the body roll and handing is improved. OEM shocks are nothing special. (i didn't need/use the shock spacers with this kit)

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Get a rubi take off suspension with mopar lcas and .5” spacer and you’ll be happy with the results.

33s will fit on stock sport/sahara btw. But does look better with slight lift

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When you say “MOPAR LCA’s” are referring to the LCA’s that come with the MOPAR 2” lift kit or RUBI LCA’s? Thanks!

Get a rubi take off suspension with mopar lcas and .5” spacer and you’ll be happy with the results.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say “MOPAR LCA’s” are referring to the LCA’s that come with the MOPAR 2” lift kit or RUBI LCA’s? Thanks!
All wranglers, regardless of trim, have the same LCAs from the factory. Rubi, Sahrah, Sport all use the same part number. He is referring to the LCAs from the mopar lift kit.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
All wranglers, regardless of trim, have the same LCAs from the factory. Rubi, Sahrah, Sport all use the same part number. He is referring to the LCAs from the mopar lift kit.
Thank you! I’m running 35’s on completely stock Rubi suspension and wheels with no issues. I’m looking to add a little space in the wheel wells. 2” lift seems too high for my needs on the Rubicon. Any recommendations for 1.25 spacer lift? Would I need to worry about caster at this height? Is so, what would be needed aside from the spacers?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thank you! I’m running 35’s on completely stock Rubi suspension and wheels with no issues. I’m looking to add a little space in the wheel wells. 2” lift seems too high for my needs on the Rubicon. Any recommendations for 1.25 spacer lift? Would I need to worry about caster at this height? Is so, what would be needed aside from the spacers?
The problem is the Rubicons already have lower caster to begin with, so almost any amount of lift requires some caster correction. If you're going with a small spacer lift the Mopar lift LCAs are probably plenty to get your caster under control and they're pretty cheap.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To piggy back on what RADICON said. The mopar lift LCAs should run you no more then $60-70 brand new (for the pair). That's how much I got mine for from allmoparparts.com. You have bigger (then standard tires) and are planning on doing a slight lift. Its a small price to pay for the added "peace of mind". Most people in the forms who are running 35"s or bigger with a slight lift will also upgrade the LCAs and they commented that it has helped with driving track.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Another question on Mopar lift LCA’s. Are these the LCA’s that come in both JL 2 door & JLU 4 door kits?

2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Control Arm
Genuine Mopar Front Lower Control Arm
Part Number: 68322798AA

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Another question on Mopar lift LCA’s. Are these the LCA’s that come in both JL 2 door & JLU 4 door kits?

2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Control Arm
Genuine Mopar Front Lower Control Arm
Part Number: 68322798AA
I’d hate get 2 door specific LCA’s when I need 4 door/unlimited.