Sponsored

Need Legal Advice re: repairs

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
Hey Everyone,
I’ve had the ongoing “Service Shifter” / electronics freakout issue now for about 2 months as chronicled here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/electronics-freakout-while-driving.89349/

It’s a 2019 Sahara, 2.0 eTorque. The Jeep has now been to the dealership twice, spent 3 weeks in the shop total. 2 months long saga. It was allegedly fixed a week and a half ago. I got it back the night before leaving for a trip. I just got home tonight, went to get dinner and the thing died on me again while approaching a red light, almost causing an accident.

I have an open case with Stellantis but no one has ever contacted me. I’ve always called them and gotten nowhere. I’m going to call the dealership again on Monday. What I am wondering is, what is my legal recourse here? My warranty expired in December 22, but I only have 31k miles for what it’s worth. I requested a buyback from Jeep, no response. I can’t even sell it in its current state, and it’s not safe to drive. One of my clients is a corporate / automotive litigator. I could call in a favor but would prefer not to go that route. Any advice? I’m in New Jersey. I’m not sure if the lemon law applies at this stage of the game.
For context, when did you purchase your Jeep? If you bought it brand new and had it for over 3 years then it would seem to be you are out of warranty - unless you purchased an extended one, of course. If you purchased the Jeep within the time period of protection provided by NJ's used car lemon law, then you may have recourse if it's the same issue of repair this third time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rossp

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
For context, when did you purchase your Jeep? If you bought it brand new and had it for over 3 years then it would seem to be you are out of warranty - unless you purchased an extended one, of course. If you purchased the Jeep within the time period of protection provided by NJ's used car lemon law, then you may have recourse if it's the same issue of repair this third time.
I’m out of warranty…

OP
OP
Rossp

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Right now my preference is to go the trade route. Just wave the white flag on this and move on. The problem is, I would like to get exactly what I have now! The dealership doing the work has 3 Wranglers in stock, none of them similar to what I have. Ordering and waiting 4-6 months for a new one to show up worries me.
Sponsored