First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I'm in the market for beadlocks and I am looking for input please. So most KMC beadlocks and other manufacture's beadlocks often come with 3.5 backspacing and -38mm offset. Why so much backspacing and negative offset? I understand different lifts require different backspacing, but what are the other benefits to a wheel that "pokes out" so much? Also what are the negatives? I understand it can make it more difficult to steer when playing in the rocks, which I do a lot. It also puts additional stress on the axle components.

So my current wheels are KMC XD132s. They have 4.53 backspacing and a -12mm offset. The beadlocks I am leaning towards are the Raceline RT233s which have 4.71 backspacing and -13mm offset. I have the MC Game Changer lift with Rocksports which requires 4.5 backspacing. I've had no issues with my current wheels. Will I have issues with the Raceline wheels with 4.71 backspacing but 1mm more of negative offset? I really like the KMC Machete beadlocks, but their backspacing and offset make the wheels stick out so much.

Please provide your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored