Sponsored

Need info. Motor home flat towing.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Hello. We are in the process of setting up our Jeep for Flat Towing. Motor home has a Blue Ox Tow System. We know we need a Base Plate, Wiring for lights, stay-in-play... Brake control... Lazy Day's price is $4500. We have a Class A.
Which company did any of you use to purchase all of this from? What places to contact to install these connections.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Is your class-A diesel or a gasser and what part of the country are you in?

For a tow point, you can go with a base plate or you can install an aftermarket bumper that's tow capable. For us, since we have we're waiting for a Sahara, we can't install a winch on it so I'll likely go the aftermarket bumper route. I have only found two bumper brands that have JL bumpers that will connect to a Blue Ox tow bar, steel, and aluminum models from Hard Rock and steel models from LOD.

We originally had our tow stuff installed on our Honda C R-V by Redlands Truck and RV Performance Center of Redlands, CA. If you are in the LA area, I would NOT recommend them. They failed in two critical areas of the base plate install that almost allowed our toad to come free while towing. On the wiring, lights were failing within a month of their install. The only part of their install that went well was our Air Force One supplimental brake system.

For RV related mechanical work you might want to check out http://www.rvservicereviews.com/. You can select an area and look at rating reviews for the various shops.

willwhig

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hello. We are in the process of setting up our Jeep for Flat Towing. Motor home has a Blue Ox Tow System. We know we need a Base Plate, Wiring for lights, stay-in-play... Brake control... Lazy Day's price is $4500. We have a Class A.
Which company did any of you use to purchase all of this from? What places to contact to install these connections.

Thank you.
I have Roadmaster baseplate with Roadmaster Night Hawk towbar and Invisibrake for my 2018 JLU Sport. We have a 40' diesel pusher. We towed about 500 miles over last weekend and it did perfectly. Unfortunately, the purchase of the pieces and then price to professionally install does add up, but hopefully we are set. Safe travels. I used a Roadmaster authorized installer.

OP
OP
ckorte13

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I have Roadmaster baseplate with Roadmaster Night Hawk towbar and Invisibrake for my 2018 JLU Sport. We have a 40' diesel pusher. We towed about 500 miles over last weekend and it did perfectly. Unfortunately, the purchase of the pieces and then price to professionally install does add up, but hopefully we are set. Safe travels. I used a Roadmaster authorized installer.
Thank you. We decided to go ahead with Lazydays. They did give us a little more of a discount. Safe Travels. Enjoy your trips!
Sponsored