Need HELP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .
Sponsored

Last edited:

farrell5000

First Name
Farrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer with 37*13.50*20 rims .I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at higher speeds and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box to the newest on that ends in AE and I replaced the track bar. totally lost .......
Did you do the install or did a shop do it? If your dealer can't tell you what is wrong I would go to a different dealer. What tire pressure are you running at?

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they aligned the Jeep and the dealer aligned it after the gear box was changed the tires are at 38 psi on Nitto Trail Grapplers

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes a reputable shop did the install I hope he wasnā€™t drunk that day when he put it on

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
did the alignment shop give you a print out of the alignment values they achieved?

also those are E rated tires try dropping the pressure down to 30-32 psi

Sponsored

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will try that when I get home also I called TeraFlex they are telling me that the Front Axle on the JL is different than the JK and you can fix the problem with pushing the front control arms on the passenger side forward to push the front axle forward and it should fix the problem we will see Monday .

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Check the caster results from your alignment. I second (or third) the air pressure comment. 38PSI is too high. Try to make sure you are judging the steering issue on a smooth road. Any ruts on the road/highway will move your Jeep side to side.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
38 psi is really high for that tire. Put it down to 30 and check your caster. Iā€™ll bet most of your problem is tire pressure.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I will try it tomorrow thanks for the help

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ok I will try it tomorrow thanks for the help
Did the dealership apply the steering box software update after installing the new steering box per TSB 08-122-19? And did they replace the one time use bolt that connects the steering column to the steering box per the technical instructions provided by FCA? Your service invoice should have the bolt itemized in the parts section if they did.

Last edited:
OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up the Jeep today and itā€™s worse they said that they added the new steering box ending in AE they said that they added the software , not sure about the one time bolt .... but itā€™s worse then when I dropped it off I did try the lower tire pressure to 30 psi but it didnā€™t help . It has a weird popping sound that you can feel in the wheel now and a lot more play in the steering . It looks like they broke my drag link bushing as well it has 1500 miles and I really canā€™t drive it now . Hayes Chrysler in Gainesville Ga SUCKS .....Itā€™s going to another dealership Monday morning .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update took the Jeep to another dealer and they said that they can adjust the steering bolt on the top of the steering box a little also they said that another steering box is going to be released soon ends in AF .... the saga continues I will check it out in the morning if this fixes the problem I will post the news .

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Update took the Jeep to another dealer and they said that they can adjust the steering bolt on the top of the steering box a little also they said that another steering box is going to be released soon ends in AF .... the saga continues I will check it out in the morning if this fixes the problem I will post the news .
Hi 20JL Rubi,
We certainly regret hearing about your recent experiences- feel free to loop us into a PM with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update ... just picked it up from the dealer , I had them add the steer smart drag link bar , changed out the steer smart track bar to the pro edition steer smart drag link bar also added the synergy trackbar /sector shaft bracket & also they replaced the steering box again to the one ending in AE its a lot tighter but still has the dead spot at the top of the wheel so when you adjust left to right you are over steering because of the dead spot thats about 2 inches of play in the wheel .They tell me that an official Chrysler advisor drove the Jeep and said that yes there is a problem with my jeep and yes Jeep is aware of the problem with the steering but they still have no solution .I'm going to drive it a few days and I might have to start the paper work for the Georgia Lemon Law.
Sponsored