First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Can some one assist with a problem.

Have a 2019 Rubicon JL with the Skytop.

I am trying to find a replacement for the torx bolts for the side windows (uses Torx #27). I would like to find a quick release knob that will fit the factory nut. The factory nut is a plastic piece that just drops down into the metal housing below the windows.

Have ordered some standard thumb bolts but they are too large for the factory plastic nut. Listing a photo of the standard hardtop bolts that are too large (M8 = 0.3") screw width.

Thanks for your help..
BG

IMG_9773.PNG

IMG_9775.jpg
Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
The ones you ordered work in the back corner of the SOT only (large bolts up against rear window almost). I just bought the same ones with the attachment that mounts under it. What are you trying to accomplish?

OP
OP

Bgwyn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The ones you ordered work in the back corner of the SOT only (large bolts up against rear window almost). I just bought the same ones with the attachment that mounts under it. What are you trying to accomplish?
Thanks for the response.

I would like some Thumb screw bolts to fit the JL Wrangler with the Skytop. It seems the Torx bolts are smaller on the back windows with the Skytop vs. the normal hardtop.

Was hoping someone had already found the correct bolt size and appropriate thumb screw replacements.

Appreciate everyones help.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct, they are smaller with the exception of that back bolt that I mentioned above. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, what are you trying to achieve? For example, I was looking to mount cargo tie-downs - the ones you buy for the hard top don't work obviously. There are other solutions however.

What are you trying to do? Since there is no reason to remove those to take the top off or the windows out, why would you need a quick release?

OP
OP

Bgwyn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
You are correct, they are smaller with the exception of that back bolt that I mentioned above. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, what are you trying to achieve? For example, I was looking to mount cargo tie-downs - the ones you buy for the hard top don't work obviously. There are other solutions however.

What are you trying to do? Since there is no reason to remove those to take the top off or the windows out, why would you need a quick release?
We take the back windows out all of the time. Afraid that eventually we will strip out the Torx bolts.

Just looking for an easy solution to pop the back windows out instead of wrestling with the torx bolts every time.

What is am looking for is a thumb screw that will fit the factory black plastic anchor.
Sponsored