Need help with Sahara 4xe pricing - NorCal

suzzeee

First Name
Susana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buying Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Hi all - looking to finally get a fun Jeep again and test drove a Sahara 4xe today - I’m in love. I’ve done my research and have my build together and my short list of colors. Problem is..I have a lot of dealers within a 100 mi radius but several are tacking on huge dealer fees..one had added $14k to the msrp of a Safari - yikes! The best my local dealer will do is msrp but I found one not far away that has the lower pricing (pre Dec) and the exact build and I have a confirmed price that’s about 10% off msrp. I have NFCU financing so will get a low rate there and I’m not trading in my car..hubby is using Subie to commute in. Anyone seeing better deals in the SF Bay Area?
Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Hi all - looking to finally get a fun Jeep again and test drove a Sahara 4xe today - I’m in love. I’ve done my research and have my build together and my short list of colors. Problem is..I have a lot of dealers within a 100 mi radius but several are tacking on huge dealer fees..one had added $14k to the msrp of a Safari - yikes! The best my local dealer will do is msrp but I found one not far away that has the lower pricing (pre Dec) and the exact build and I have a confirmed price that’s about 10% off msrp. I have NFCU financing so will get a low rate there and I’m not trading in my car..hubby is using Subie to commute in. Anyone seeing better deals in the SF Bay Area?
Of so around smaller credit unions in your area that you might be eligible to join. I got 2% lower than NFCU and USAA by doing that back in Nov.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
I’d suggest you look up @Ratbert here in the forums and check the spreadsheet he maintains with the dealers with best pricing (look for the link in his signature).

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I’d suggest you look up @Ratbert here in the forums and check the spreadsheet he maintains with the dealers with best pricing (look for the link in his signature).
And consider possibly placing an order outside your region if you can get a deal on the purchase price that makes it worthwhile to travel there and drive your Jeep home.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
10% off MSRP is pretty fair in my opinion if the dealer is close enough for you and is not playing games, meaning they are putting everything in writing price quote and adding NO additional dealers fees etc if you ask for an OTD price, you can easily compare that by getting a price quote from a dealer closer to you that is on the spreadsheet as suggested by the other member and see if it’s worth the travel

Link to thread with spreadsheets
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ratberts-dealers-below-invoice-spreadsheet.95841/

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If you can get 10% under MSRP without a crapload of additional fees / crap thrown on, it's what you want, and it's off the lot then jump on it.

If you custom order you should get a slightly better price, but you'll wait for some number of months.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Agree with others here, 10% off MSRP is a really good discount for something in-stock. In many cases you have to do a custom order to get that price.

Just make sure they're not tacking on extra fees, cheaping out on your trade-in (if you have one), forcing you to buy services like a warranty or dealer-installed accessories to make up for it. That's a pretty common way less-than-reputable dealers pad their side of the equation. It's not just about the MSRP, it's about what you pay out the door!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Hey there. Also in NorCal. Agree with checking Ratberts spreadsheet, but also highly recommend working with Rob of Tuttle Click in SoCal.

he’s currently at 4% below invoice (around 6% below MSRP), but only has a $85 doc fee and doesn’t require financing. Also factor in cost of shipping if out of state and convenience of in/out of state purchase.

through end of month he also has the $7500 fed tax credit plus extra $3,000 off (maybe lease only not sure), on top of the 4% under invoice - shoot him a quick text.

Super straight forward forum friendly guy. I’m going to fly down on SWA this week and drive it back up (Sahara 4xe also).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tle-click-3-under-invoice.103147/post-2238587

NorCal dealers, particularly around the Bay Area suck - I wont interact with them anymore, other than to take a test drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
suzzeee

suzzeee

First Name
Susana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there. Also in NorCal. Agree with checking Ratberts spreadsheet, but also highly recommend working with Rob of Tuttle Click in SoCal.

he’s currently at 4% below invoice (around 6% below MSRP), but only has a $85 doc fee and doesn’t require financing. Also factor in cost of shipping if out of state and convenience of in/out of state purchase.

through end of month he also has the $7500 fed tax credit plus extra $3,000 off (maybe lease only not sure), on top of the 4% under invoice - shoot him a quick text.

Super straight forward forum friendly guy. I’m going to fly down on SWA this week and drive it back up (Sahara 4xe also).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tle-click-3-under-invoice.103147/post-2238587

NorCal dealers, particularly around the Bay Area suck - I wont interact with them anymore, other than to take a test drive.
Thanks so much for the referral to the Irvine dealer … great guy and very knowledgeable! He doesn’t have what I want in stock but if I order, it will be through him! He offered a great deal for sure plus he was nice, helpful and he knows his product well!!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Thanks so much for the referral to the Irvine dealer … great guy and very knowledgeable! He doesn’t have what I want in stock but if I order, it will be through him! He offered a great deal for sure plus he was nice, helpful and he knows his product well!!
Awesome - best of luck!

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you have not purchased yet Rydell CDJ is a great dealer and has LOADS of 4xes on the back lot I'm talking loads in every color. If you can't find your match Irvine can dealer transfer as well.

OP
OP
suzzeee

suzzeee

First Name
Susana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have not purchased yet Rydell CDJ is a great dealer and has LOADS of 4xes on the back lot I'm talking loads in every color. If you can't find your match Irvine can dealer transfer as well.
Thanks - I haven’t yet. Irvine can’t find me anything close in color/build that I want and if I order, I’ll likely miss the tax rebate which is like cash to me. I have 2 deals working..both at pretty good prices if the Finance dept doesn’t play too many games. Heading out in a bit to my first color choice and if that doesn’t pan out, I can hit up #2 on the way home. I have a NFCU check in hand and no trade in so that makes Finance so danged aggressive:(

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Don't let them you you have financing, don't tell them what you can afford, dont accept dealer markups, and have them check Rydells inventory they can do a dealer transfer.

If you tell them you have financing they will not deal, if you tell them what you can afford it will give them a base to start working up from there regardless if interest comes back low they will raise to meet what you said. I have NFCU locked at 2.9 last years % great bank!

OP
OP
suzzeee

suzzeee

First Name
Susana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't let them you you have financing, don't tell them what you can afford, dont accept dealer markups, and have them check Rydells inventory they can do a dealer transfer.

If you tell them you have financing they will not deal, if you tell them what you can afford it will give them a base to start working up from there regardless if interest comes back low they will raise to meet what you said. I have NFCU locked at 2.9 last years % great bank!
Thanks…I’m pretty good at the car buying process and I got my deals in writing before I would even discuss anything else. I had a backup deal for less $ but it was High Velocity and not my #1 choice. (Rydells only had 1 Sahara with the 1 touch roof and it was white which I don’t want). I also had no trade in as we’re keeping my Forrester (so that made me an even less attractive customer:). I found the Wrangler (Earl with CWG, tow and the 1 touch roof) I wanted at a San Jose dealer who was willing to play ball. I got a price well under msrp, got the Military rebate and escaped the Finance guy with purchasing nada and handing him out NFCU check. He even said he couldn’t beat our rate (up from a year ago but still better than the market). I’m sure he wasn’t happy when he saw the check amount was a lot higher than our price either (my hubbys bad..he estimated way high on what I wanted). I drove my new Jeep home in the rain this afternoon …got to splash a few puddles even!

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I played my our last 2 almost exactly the same. Congrats 👏!

Thanks…I’m pretty good at the car buying process and I got my deals in writing before I would even discuss anything else. I had a backup deal for less $ but it was High Velocity and not my #1 choice. (Rydells only had 1 Sahara with the 1 touch roof and it was white which I don’t want). I also had no trade in as we’re keeping my Forrester (so that made me an even less attractive customer:). I found the Wrangler (Earl with CWG, tow and the 1 touch roof) I wanted at a San Jose dealer who was willing to play ball. I got a price well under msrp, got the Military rebate and escaped the Finance guy with purchasing nada and handing him out NFCU check. He even said he couldn’t beat our rate (up from a year ago but still better than the market). I’m sure he wasn’t happy when he saw the check amount was a lot higher than our price either (my hubbys bad..he estimated way high on what I wanted). I drove my new Jeep home in the rain this afternoon …got to splash a few puddles even!
Sponsored