Need help with next steps to seal this deal

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I got a good quote for 5%+ off but I think contingent on a control number. Where does that come from? Can you only get that if you work for Stellaris or an affiliate or something? I just signed up for Tread Lightly so I'm waiting for my membership package from them and got the acknowledgment letter today. So I'm thinking maybe I was just reaching for the stars and lucked out with the dealer thinking I already had a code. I've attached his order sheet and here's the text of the email:

Attached is your 4xe build, please review it for accuracy, you'll notice the Prox Entry is included, it's a mandatory option and I saw no build for a Willys.

Here's pricing, your spreadsheet had the 5% pricing on it so that's all I'll quote.

Invoice $52,974.00 X 5% = $2,694.00 sale price $50,325.00

Here's the disclosures.

*** The Affiliate control # can be based on your employer or a spouses if they have a relationship with Stellantis or **if you are a member of the Tread Lightly Organization, if your employer doesn't qualify it costs $100.00 to join Tread Lightly but on average you net out saving between $300.00 and $500.00 so it's worth the membership fee.

Leases and special finance rates (0%, 1.9% ect) if available through Chrysler at time of delivery max at the 6% below pricing.

Minimum amount financed for the 7% below invoice pricing is $25,000.00

Failure to provide a control # defaults to the 5% below invoice pricing regardless of financing.

In full disclosure we have a $599.00 dealer admin fee and state taxes and reg fees are not included in the sale price.

Delivery will take place at the dealership, if you can't come to the store to pick up your new vehicle transportation is your responsibility and your expense. If you choose to ship your vehicle it will not be released to your transport company till either your check has cleared our account or if financed through us till we have been funded by the lender, both instances may take up to 10 days after your signed paperwork has been received by us. Courtesy deliveries to out of state dealers is not an option.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- so, what do you guys think? I'll be trading in my '18 JLU Sport S and it is very nice. I won't discuss trade-in price until I can lock in pricing and such with them. Was going to order as a lease with the $7,500 as cap cost reduction.
Sponsored

Attachments

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
To get the affiliate control number you need to be a member of an affiliate organization. If you're not, you can donate $100+ to Tread Lightly and they enroll you in the affiliate program. And after 30 days you can get your control number on www.fcausaffiliates.com.

You don't need this number when you order. You'll need it when you actually get your vehicle at the dealership.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
To get the affiliate control number you need to be a member of an affiliate organization. If you're not, you can donate $100+ to Tread Lightly and they enroll you in the affiliate program. And after 30 days you can get your control number on www.fcausaffiliates.com.

You don't need this number when you order. You'll need it when you actually get your vehicle at the dealership.
So (since I joined TL) will that only net me the 1% or does it look like they'd still honor this entire deal? I just want to be armed with the best info before I spill my ignorance to him up front. LOL

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
So (since I joined TL) will that only net me the 1% or does it look like they'd still honor this entire deal? I just want to be armed with the best info before I spill my ignorance to him up front. LOL
From the looks of the deal you get the 5% below plus the 1% for the affiliate or tread lightly, but if you don't end up having one of those it goes to the 5%

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Tread Lightly control number is a coupon that pays the dealer 2% of FWP after the sale has been completed. The most the dealer can sell to a Tread lightly control code holder is 1% below FWP (meaning the dealer nets out at FWP +1% once he gets the coupon payment).

Looks like you are getting FWP -5% as is, but with TL you could be getting as much as FWP-7%.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
From the looks of the deal you get the 5% below plus the 1% for the affiliate or tread lightly, but if you don't end up having one of those it goes to the 5%
Man that's what I thought as well which to me seems like a really good deal for anywhere near my area. I'm in Auburn, AL and this dealer is NE of ATL. I just left my local dealer here and they wouldn't even play with a single number under MSRP. Then they tried to tell me I can't modify the Jeep without voiding my entire warranty. Said they've been in the business for longer than they care to remember and have never, ever, seen a Jeep sold below MSRP!

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Man that's what I thought as well which to me seems like a really good deal for anywhere near my area. I'm in Auburn, AL and this dealer is NE of ATL. I just left my local dealer here and they wouldn't even play with a single number under MSRP. Then they tried to tell me I can't modify the Jeep without voiding my entire warranty. Said they've been in the business for longer than they care to remember and have never, ever, seen a Jeep sold below MSRP!
That information from your local dealer tells you a lot. This is my second Jeep, and I've never paid anywhere close to MSRP (on any car for that matter). Looks like you've got a pretty good deal elsewhere.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'm already jealous of your deal, and then to think you get another $7500 tax credit to boot.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I'm already jealous of your deal, and then to think you get another $7500 tax credit to boot.
Yeah that should apply as a cap cost reduction. Only thing better would be if I could get my boss to buy me a Rubicon diesel so he could realize the year one $25,000 tax deduction on a company car over 6,000lbs! Then he can sell it to me after that! 😆

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Mike is the best! His deal is legit.
I was going to spill the full beans and give kudos once I got it done, but obviously you know where/who I'm dealing with. I'm pretty pumped to get this done. 🤪

It's still as little strange to me that it seems to be so easy and pressure free. Especially when compared to the experience at my local dealership.

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon Diesel 3.0
I was going to spill the full beans and give kudos once I got it done, but obviously you know where/who I'm dealing with. I'm pretty pumped to get this done. 🤪

It's still as little strange to me that it seems to be so easy and pressure free. Especially when compared to the experience at my local dealership.
I was in the same boat as you 2 months ago! I joined TL the same day that I placed my order with mike and got the control number a week before my rubi was deliver to the dealership.

My best and easiest car/jeep buying experience ever.

JDOLVIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Seriously, Mike is a super nice guy and non-aggressive. There is no telling how many Jeeps he sells per month or even per year due to the forum and the contacts. I would be willing to bet when your Jeep arrives and you pick it up, you will be amazed at the smooth and timely transaction. Keep us posted of your experience and feel free to message me if you want.