Need help with correcting rear end sag

PalmettoMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hello all. I have a 3.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger lift with Rocksport shocks on my JL. I also have 1350 front and rear Adams driveshafts. I recently added a rooftop tent and have noticed that my rear end has sagged with all the additional weight.

What would be the best way to correct this? Would it be to just install 4.5 inch coils for the rear? And if so, would I have any problems with the other components (control arms/driveshafts, shocks, etc)?

I'm not too familiar with all the geometry to ensure proper ride quality/performance, but have been reading up on it. If anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help with correcting rear end sag 20200526_143540
Sponsored

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
I have a similar issue with my Jeep, however I am running a different lift than you. I think I decided on some ACOS spacers from JKS. The rear spacers are 2" minimum lift height though, that may be too much to correct yours.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I agree. call. MC and please post here what they tell you. I'm interested as I have a diesel on order, plan on a rack/tent and will already get a 1/2" sag with an MC lift. I may go Clayton to get the taller springs.

Maybe check out and see if Clayton will just sell you their Diesel specific springs. Might F-Up the ride with your Shocks though.

MC does make (pricey) spacers https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-rear-coil-spring-spacer-kit.html

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I am interested to know what MC says. Please post here what they tell you. I have the 2.5 GC with rock sport shocks on my JLUR. I plan on installing tent next week and want to avoid sagging.

Also tagging them on this thread @Matsonian

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Lol, I have the Clayton Overlander 2.5 kit and the rear sits higher than the front. I've been looking for more crap to put in the back to level it out. Their 3.5 Overlander springs might do the trick. Like in the comments above, make sure they work with your shocks.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Squats & lunges are the best to help with rear end sag......

sorry, couldn't resist.

I use the air lift bags in my rear springs. If you go that route, just contact Air LIft with the inner diameter, and the inner spring height (before you added the extra weight) and they can tell you the correct kit.

The kits are cheap and work really well.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I agree. call. MC and please post here what they tell you. I'm interested as I have a diesel on order, plan on a rack/tent and will already get a 1/2" sag with an MC lift. I may go Clayton to get the taller springs.

Maybe check out and see if Clayton will just sell you their Diesel specific springs. Might F-Up the ride with your Shocks though.

MC does make (pricey) spacers https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-rear-coil-spring-spacer-kit.html
We do sell springs separately from our kits! As long as the shocks are long enough to work with 3-4" of lift should be good to go.
Sponsored