Need help with 3.0 Diesel ignition system wiring

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
RE: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams.19185/

I want to wire an anti-theft engine-kill switch in my 3.0 diesel (not the starter). However, I don't want to risk destroying it by cavitating the CP4 HPP if the system activates inadvertently. On a normal gas engine, I can just disable the ignition and/or fuel pump. On a diesel, there is no spark ignition system and shutting down the electric (diesel) lift pump can damage the HPP. My thought is to simply do the same thing that pushing the Engine Start/Stop (ES/S) button does when the engine is running. I looked in the JL wiring diagrams sticky thread linked above, but I can’t find the diesel specific ignition system. Can anyone help me find the wiring diagram showing me what happens when I push the ES/S (i.e. shut down the engine)?
Please don’t sidetrack this conversation of why I want an engine kill switch, why not the starter, or something else unrelated. Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
21JLURDG

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Or if no one has the diesel ignition wiring diagram, does anyone know where I can find it?