malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
@malencar

Here is info and good pics in regard to the way to go, if you have to go the passenger side route:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tips-for-running-wire-through-the-firewall.20103/

IF you have an automatic, don't even consider going the passenger side route. That route will take you 30min.+. Driver's side route, 3 min.. 8-)

I managed to get the cable through the firewall (thanks for the helpful link!) and I have it next to the PDC. I also got the fuse tap from Amazon (thanks again!) If it’s not too much to ask, could you help me figure out how to wire it so that the heaters only work when the engine is running? I can “pay you back” by sending you a custom 3D printed armrest organizer I made (pics attached). Also attached is a picture of the seat heaters instruction sheet.
Thanks in advance... again! :)

E22D76E8-1984-4BB4-9C56-801F0A32025B.jpeg

75D3335C-9AC1-44A6-8172-0BC232FA651E.jpeg

57F945AD-4934-42C7-AFB2-39534CA320D6.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@malencar

Geez, the direction are piss poor. 8-)

Anyway, the RED wire on your harness hooks to the positive terminal on your JL's main battery (JL has 2 batteries) and the BLACK wire hooks to the negative terminal on your main battery..

Now, that WHITE wire on your harness, connects to Fuse 57 in the PDC. Use the Micro jumper you purchased to connect there. I think, that will be the set-up with you wanting the heated seats to work only if ignition is in Run.

IF you want the heated seats to run when ignition is in ACC position use fuse #45.

Once you get it all hooked up, lets see if it behaves like you wish. IF it does not we will have to find a different fuse spot for your White wire.

Note: My thinking and the thoughts of another guy I spoke with about this set-up is that I your white wire connects to the electronics that controls the seat heaters, so when 57 is hot, the heater controller (maybe just a relay) is powered.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@malencar

When you hook up to the Main battery.... Hook your BLACK up to #6 shown in the pic below. DO use a ring connector.

You could also just hook the BLACK to a grounding point in the engine compartment and not connect, to battery #6.

You will want to hook up your RED wire to #3, shown in the picture below. Again, use a ring connector.

I recommended # 6 as no sensor near there.

As mentioned earlier, your WHITE wire goes to 57.

Captureuuuu.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@malencar

You are quite talented in regard to that 3D printer of yours. Your switches... and the tray are really nice!

OP
OP

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@malencar

When you hook up to the Main battery.... Hook your BLACK up to #6 shown in the pic below. DO use a ring connector.

You could also just hook the BLACK to a grounding point in the engine compartment and not connect, to battery #6.

You will want to hook up your RED wire to #3, shown in the picture below. Again, use a ring connector.

Captureuuuu.jpg
Thank you!
Will do it right now.

Cheers,

Mauro

OP
OP

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@malencar

Captureuuuu.jpg
Btw, the red wire came with a 15amp in-line fuse, is it ok to remove it since I’ll be connecting the white wire to the tap-a-fuse on 57 and I’m using a 20amp fuse on it?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@malencar

Keep the inline 15 amp on the red wire that connects to the battery!!!

Leave the 20 amp fuse on the tap-a-fuse going to 57. I actually would use a 15 amp in it myself..

You do not need a fuse on the black ground wire. Just have a fuse on each power wire.
Sponsored