• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Rubicon Need help w/my light set up on my 18 Rubicon JL

Leave as is?

• Total voters

JLRubiGirl

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2018 Rubicon JL
Hello all! I am new to the Jeep world and brand new here. So HI :)!!!

I have began doing those new little mods to my "Rubi" and I have kinda hit a wall with my light mods. I purchased these Halos (https://www.extremeterrain.com/delt...h-led-headlights-with-halos-01-1147-ledh.html ) and these fog lights (https://www.extremeterrain.com/morimoto-xb-projector-led-fog-lights-1819-jeep-jl.html ); had them installed and when I stood back and looked at them I became very bummed. It was pretty obvious how wildly different the light variations are between my halos, my fog lights and the stock marker/turn signal lights.

I have learned much over the past handful of days, about lumens, color temps, & all things LED. I come to you all, my fellow Jeep JL people with this question.

Is it possible to get these lights to some what match, or even come close? I dropped about $700 on these 2 light set ups and the thoughts of pulling them and starting over is gut wrenching (especially since I can't return them?)

I was not aware (totally ignorant) that my halos would be so blue looking; I have beat the internet UP and I can't seem to find fog lights that are even close in the same spectrum of my headlights. Also on my radar is replacing the marker/turn lights with these- (https://www.extremeterrain.com/morimoto-jeep-wrangler-gen2-xb-led-turn-signals-smoked-lf513.html), but I am hesitant as I am not sure what hue these with be either...

As you can tell, my OCD is in full tilt with the color difference, and YES I am well aware that it is more about the functionality of these items than the visual appearance, BUT I would like to know if I could/should even try to get closer.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

fog lights.jpg

halos.2.jpg

halos.jpg
Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Hi! For what it’s worth, I have the MXB 2nd gen sequentials on my Sahara. Here’s what they look like. From what I understand, using any type of halo fogs that are “white” will make that a difficult match just because of the way they design and manufacture the lights. It’s been explained to me before but I’m not entirely sure.

At any rate, it’s pretty normal for white halos to come off as green during the day. See my ORACLE heads. I’ve seen the stock LEDs look the same. Weird phenomenon. They look white at night.

Hopefully seeing my MXB’s lit helps you get a sense of what it might look like. But yes, they will likely look different from the rest of your setup.

AD4869A9-032D-479C-91BB-C204C23214FF.jpeg

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I had halogen lights on my JLUR as well. When I ordered it the factory was back ordered on LED’s and I was unable to order that option. I went with the morimoto fender turn signals. Which I love. I got some cheaply priced 9” inch headlights off amazon with the adjustable pin and a pair of fogs I got for Christmas. They all are around the 6000k temp. To my eyes they all look great together. I still would have preferred the factory LED option. But this is working for me.

95687566-062E-49BA-BF50-E5BBF187C331.jpeg

A06BF0AA-0402-447C-963E-E739C92A5972.jpeg

EFE20A4F-3088-4A92-8D84-E26B6D9FF904.jpeg

OP
OP
JLRubiGirl

JLRubiGirl

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2018 Rubicon JL
Hi! For what it’s worth, I have the MXB 2nd gen sequentials on my Sahara. Here’s what they look like. From what I understand, using any type of halo fogs that are “white” will make that a difficult match just because of the way they design and manufacture the lights. It’s been explained to me before but I’m not entirely sure.

At any rate, it’s pretty normal for white halos to come off as green during the day. See my ORACLE heads. I’ve seen the stock LEDs look the same. Weird phenomenon. They look white at night.

Hopefully seeing my MXB’s lit helps you get a sense of what it might look like. But yes, they will likely look different from the rest of your setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help w/my light set up on my 18 Rubicon JL EFE20A4F-3088-4A92-8D84-E26B6D9FF904

Thanks so much David- this is def helpful :) ✌

OP
OP
JLRubiGirl

JLRubiGirl

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2018 Rubicon JL
I had halogen lights on my JLUR as well. When I ordered it the factory was back ordered on LED’s and I was unable to order that option. I went with the morimoto fender turn signals. Which I love. I got some cheaply priced 9” inch headlights off amazon with the adjustable pin and a pair of fogs I got for Christmas. They all are around the 6000k temp. To my eyes they all look great together. I still would have preferred the factory LED option. But this is working for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help w/my light set up on my 18 Rubicon JL EFE20A4F-3088-4A92-8D84-E26B6D9FF904

Thanks Pedro! I really like your set up! I appreciate you posting the morimoto turn signals, pretty sure that is the way I will go as well.

Sponsored

Rokyn78

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Utility Worker

You have a link for those headlights? I like their look.

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
These are the ones I have, but there’s a bunch of options out there. Good luck!

KIWI MASTER 9 Inch Round LED Headlights Halo DRL for 2018 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Accessories High Low Beam Headlight with Daytime Running Lights (New Version Adjustable Screw) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4K67H1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YrWXEbDFVWBSX

Rokyn78

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Utility Worker

Punkdad

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Ocean Blue
Where did you get the fog lights and did you have to reprogram?

Sponsored

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
It doesn't matter how badass your Jeep is, you won't be happy until the color temperature of all the lights match. I get it, I'm the same way. Chalk it up as a learning experience, and get the lights that make you look over your shoulder at the Jeep every time you walk away. You'll forget about how much it cost soon enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLRubiGirl

JLRubiGirl

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2018 Rubicon JL
Yeah, I have come to that conclusion as well. Have to wait until I get the extra cash, but yes looking for replacements........
Sponsored