Sponsored

Need help. Trying to keep radio on at drive-in.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I too had the issue with my 2019 Jeep Cherokee and searched here for an answer... alas came up with my own solution to keep the radio and wifi on indefinitely. I made a 1 minute youtube here to show others how:

Hope this helps others!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/membe
I too had the issue with my 2019 Jeep Cherokee and searched here for an answer... alas came up with my own solution to keep the radio and wifi on indefinitely. I made a 1 minute youtube here to show others how:

Hope this helps others!
Razgilbert.. thanks
I have a 2018 JLU Rubicon (Auto) with Alpine system.
Note: Transmission would not let me go to Neutral unless engine was running. So I started engine, moved to neutral, applied parking brake shut off engine, then it worked great... ran for 50 minutes at 85% volume ... However the Led halos stayed on and no way to turn off when in RUN . So I moved to ACC mode therefore led halos did not come on .. I am hopeful music will stay on past 30 minutes with your tips. Thanks again

UPDATE: music still going after 45minutes in ACC mode. ... this really works.

steps:
-WiFi Hotspot Enabled( not sure if this is needed for just stereo)
-ACC position on start button
-transmission neutral
-parking brake on
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I would think it would be preferable to do this trick in ACC rather than RUN. I suspect that all the computers, brake circuits, etc. would be energized in RUN mode, meaning more battery drain. In ACC mode, (hopefully) only the accessories in use would be draining the battery.