Sponsored

Need help. Trying to keep radio on at drive-in.

Olivia23

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The drive-in will be opening soon and I really want to take my Jeep! The problem is I cannot keep my radio on more than 30 minutes in ACC mode. I press the start/stop button without touching the brake. The radio stays on for only 30 minutes.

I also have the Alpine radio system and I really want to take advantage of it. I don't want to keep having to hit the button every 30 minutes because we plan on having the top off and sitting outside the Jeep with our lounge chairs and the radio blasting.

I did go into settings under audio and there's no option to keep on the radio. I cannot believe Jeep overlooked this.
Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I *believe* just put the Jeep in "run". If Brake is not pressed, engine will not start. Run will not turn off after 30 minutes.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Keeping your radio on without the engine running for more than 30 minutes will very likely drain your battery. I donā€™t think itā€™s an oversight, I think itā€™s by design to keep you from being stranded with a dead battery.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
If the jeep is in "run" I believe the halos are illuminated (if you have LED), not going to make the people behind you very happy.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I remember seeing an option in UConnect to set Doors On and Doors Off timeout, have you tried adjusting those?

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Keeping your radio on without the engine running for more than 30 minutes will very likely drain your battery. I donā€™t think itā€™s an oversight, I think itā€™s by design to keep you from being stranded with a dead battery.
I agree about it being by design. However, I think it's likely to take more than 30 minutes to drain the battery. I often have mine on for 1-1.5 hours (by re-pressing the start button when it goes off) without any ill effect (knock on wood).

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
I've left mines on run at the drive ins last fall. Ran Jeep in between movies to recharge a bit. Bring jumper cables just in case.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Maybe just use a portable radio? I know car batteries do not like being run towards empty and I would assume the battery is at least a couple hundred bucks.

OP
OP

Olivia23

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I remember seeing an option in UConnect to set Doors On and Doors Off timeout, have you tried adjusting those?
I looked for it in mine. Itā€™s not there.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Any chance the Tazer could extend from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Really like the Alpine in the Rubi... but agree it would much better if we the consumer could choose to extend the time bit before it turns off.

Sponsored

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Maybe jeeps diagnostic software might have a check box or something that could do it but we don't have access to that.. I'd love to run everything off a deep cycle that I can run completely flat and have a dedicated start only better. Not the ess battery and main battery we have.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Maybe jeeps diagnostic software might have a check box or something that could do it but we don't have access to that.. I'd love to run everything off a deep cycle that I can run completely flat and have a dedicated start only better. Not the ess battery and main battery we have.

Hi! Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to assist.

Alison
JeepCares

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Hi! Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to assist.

Alison
JeepCares
Unfortunately, down here in Aus. Our jeep service is clueless and not interested in the product they sell. Yet to meet a genuine Jeep loyalist working for FCA. Iā€™ll only be there if itā€™s absolutely necessary. But Iā€™ll,ask all the same.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Unfortunately, down here in Aus. Our jeep service is clueless and not interested in the product they sell. Yet to meet a genuine Jeep loyalist working for FCA. Iā€™ll only be there if itā€™s absolutely necessary. But Iā€™ll,ask all the same.
I'm sorry to hear that. I apologize that I could not have been more assistance.

Alison
JeepCares

razgilbert

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I too had the issue with my 2019 Jeep Cherokee and searched here for an answer... alas came up with my own solution to keep the radio and wifi on indefinitely. I made a 1 minute youtube here to show others how:

Hope this helps others!
Sponsored